“Don't hesitate!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Leuven, Belgium
“Don't hesitate!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were very much afraid of ending up in a tourist trap during our visit to Siena in July 2014. This restaurant is a bit away from the crowds but still very much centrally located.
But there's no tourist-trapping here! We enjoyed a simple, delicious, honest lunch (try to come in before the 1PM rush hour), excellent value for money. Italy is such an easy country to enjoy really nice food!
(We visited with 3 young children, who all found something to their liking!)

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Worst meal in Tuscany, try it out if you want based upon the reviews but I will never go back”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have never posted a negative review before, so I am cautious before doing this, but here goes....

We walked past the restaurant Saturday night, saw the certificate of excellence sign and were disappointed that the restaurant was full...

Made a reservation the next night to find only one table occupied so maybe we missed the 'ambience', but that's really irrelevant..

Ordered food and Champagne to celebrate our last night in the beautiful city of Siena

I've never had Champagne glugged into a red wine glass before, but hey ho...

I've never had Champagne that smelt of cheese before - not so hey ho..

The courteous waitress called one of the owners (one of the owners to be clear, not a manager) His reaction (coupled with disdainful / condescending gesture) was 'pffff smells ok to me'........

No other comment..

Anyone reading this who has dined at a pretentious restaurant that has spent too much time reading their own publicity will get what I mean - dining is not all about food (which was for the record adequate and not even vaguely outstanding and I've spent plenty of time in outstanding)...It's about the dining experience overall and this experience was horrible....

The patronising Eur7 reduction from the bill for the red wine glass full of champagne thrown away without any comment / approach from the owner was the irritating coulis on the evening...

I paid / left because further conversation was pointless - our evening was already spoiled...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank paulh62
College Park, Maryland
“Awesome food and ambiance”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We loved this restaurant. The food was awesome, the service was outstanding, and the ambiance was simply beautiful! We ate here twice. . . . we loved it so very much!

Visited July 2014
“Lovely late lunch”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I liked the look of the 3 tall top tables under an umbrella while strolling to the Duomo. Her casarecce w sage pesto and my verdure al vapore ( sautéed vegetables ) on tuna and Mozzerella were wonderful . The service was a bit slow but friendly.

“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The number of REAL Osterias gets thinner by the hour in Italy. Don't loose this chance to taste real home made food cooked right by your side. We had a precious lunch at "Club Del Gusto", and it came for less money you can ever think of eating in a Firenze sit down place. Authentic regional specialties done the right way. Nice staff and good Table Wine. Nothing sophisticated but rather tasteful and honest... Just the way Osterias have been for centuries. Take away of eat in give them a chance you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014