“What a place to get married”

Castello di Modanella
Ranked #217 of 531 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a place to get married”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Well I'm back dating this a bit to 2010. My fiance and I both visited, with many of our family to stay at one of the villas on this estate. That in itself was a beautifully idyllic place, pool terrace and large rooms.
Whilst we were here we got married in Lucignano (just down the road) it was amazing. We returned to the castle for our reception and had the most fantastic feast you could imagine. All 60 of us were fed with the finest local dishes available. The staff were amazing and made it a day we shall cherish for ever.
During our stay we also dined in smaller groups at the restaurant and were very happy with everything. A beautiful place with beautiful food, set in an amazing location with amazing staff.
Just need to save up now to come over again, maybe for our 5 year anniversary.

1 Thank Alex C

Whitby, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants I have ever been to! Highly recommended !”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing , I'm getting married here June, and so we come over to plan, the restaurant provided us with a 6 course meal , starting with a welcome dish from the chef, cold shaved duck, it was lovely, following a recommended dish from Frabrizio the wedding co-ordinator which was a pastry parcel which I can't remember had In it. but was Devine , and then my choice of spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli, then wild boar on flat roast potatoes. Ending with wedding cake tasting as Italians have a different cake, the Millo pastry cake was amazing one of the best I've had. And I must say the chef is fantastic , I highly recommend coming here!
Only problem with the atmosphere was there is no music, and when there is no one else in the restaurant but your party , you feel like whispering as everything is so quiet.

• Visited March 2014
Winter Haven, Florida
“Wonderful experience!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Giancarlo the head chef at Castello di Modanella treated us to a truly fantastic evening of food and wine. We called ahead to explain that a number of our party would like some fish dishes. Giancarlo prepared a number of courses including shrimp and avocado, pasta with mussels and clams followed by bream. The food was fresh and tasted delicious, the service was excellent and the setting was beautiful. Will definitely make a point to visit again when in area.

• Visited July 2013