“A sparkling gem”

Salumeria Il Cencio
Ranked #128 of 532 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Sandwiches on demand with our own, salami, cutting boards with salami, cheese, cheese, mozzarella, view of Piazza del Campo
London
“A sparkling gem”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I happened across this place whilst looking for an ice cream parlour and I was glad to become side tracked. I popped in and had a mozzarella and olive roll with pepper sauce and it was fab. I enjoyed it so much I went back the next day and tried mozzarella, courgette and spicy sauce which was even fabber!!! It is a very popular place and a lot of Italians eat here too, which has to tell you something. The owner bantered with the Italians and everyone was happy to wait there turn and watch him at work. For the location, it is a gem to find somewhere that makes food this good, for such a cheap price.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Pasadena, California
“Sandwich of the Gods”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

It was a beautiful day on the Campo and we strolled into Il Cencio ready for a good sandwich. I had read the reviews, so I was prepped for a great meal. It blew that expectation away! The porcetta was so good, the bread so crunchy. Yum! Watching the owner make a sandwich is like watching a fine artist at work.

• Visited January 2014
atlanta
“Average sandwich”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Coming back to Siena, I found the city changed, anyway, we tried some new places for lunch. This kind of Deli is just on the main square, unfortunatly we could not sit on the steps and enjoy the food because it rained. Anyway, the sandwich was just ok, we had porchetta which is a kind of salted pork salami, it was really fat, so I did not appreciate it so much. Maybe I will give some another chance next time!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank anna f
Boston, Massachusetts
“the best sandwiches in all of Italy”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been living in Siena for the last three months, and I am so thankful that I found this place. This is the best sandwich place I've been to in my life. The ingredients are fresh. The prices are low. And the service is awesome. This place a gift from God. And the owner, Angelo, is the man. After ordering your sandwich, you watch him construct it perfectly in front you. They also offer small cups of wine for free. And you can go upstairs to eat your sandwich with a beautiful view of the famous Piazza del Campo. I literally made a Trip Advisor solely to write a review for this place. To come to Siena and not eat here is a huge mistake.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Will J
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“For a quick bite”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Piazza eel Campo in Sienna can be a bit overwhelming so unless you are committed to a big meal, you can get a brief respite from the bustle by popping into this tiny oasis, grabbing a made-to-order panini and then navigating up the circular stairway in the rear, emerging onto the tiny balcony. Take a seat on the narrow benches and enjoy a bird's eye view of Sienna and a pretty darn good sandwich.

• Visited November 2013