“Best night of our trip...”
Review of Palazzo di Valli

Palazzo di Valli
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Powell, Ohio
“Best night of our trip...”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

GORGEOUS, I wish I could go back and stay my whole Italy trip there... Grounds were beautiful, the room was HUGE, ridiculously comfortable bed, big bathroom, and the views from the room was spectacular! 10 min walk into the city, we walked at night and it was very safe. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We only stayed on e night in Palazzo di Valli but thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a short bus ride from Siena and the grounds provide wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. Our hosts were exceptionally accommodating; Lorenzo in particular.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 October 2013

For a visit of Siena the location of this hotel is very good. No need to go into town, but a relaxing atmosphere in the wide surroundings of Tuscany, and still a 5 minutes public transport ride into the old town. From the beautiful terrace you see the old town, and the rolling valleys of the area. The hotel is an old palazzo set into an olive grove. From the main road you take a sharp turn right and then after all the hustle and bustle of Italian traffic, you are in a wonderful garden. Reception is efficient and helpful, rooms are small but comfortable. No restaurant, but across the street you will find a very good one, with an informal approach. The breakfast room is a bit small, but the atmosphere of a Renaissance palazzo is sufficient compensation.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Spent two nights with friends, using Siena as a jumping off point for exploring the surrounding Tuscan hill towns. We had a little trouble finding the driveway, but once we were in, we were delighted. We loved being outside the city walls, because Siena is a very busy and crowded town.
Lorenzo could not have been more helpful, and the views from the back patio, where we spent some time sipping wine, were spectacular. We watched the rising of an enormous harvest moon!
The rooms were larger than expected and had many amenities. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sorocaba, SP
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Just take this is hotel! It's perfect for romantic trips and everyone there are really nice! Incredible view. Easy to go to downtown by bus (leave tour car in the hotel). In the moment that I leaved the hotel I was already missing it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Rafael J
Lovedale Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were lucky enough to stay at this beautiful boutique hotel for 8 days and which is ideally located about a 20 minute walk or 5 min bus ride (tickets available from hotel) from the centre of the walled city of Siena. There is a very good restaurant and also a local supermarket close by. Parking is available at the hotel which has an exquisite view from the terrace where you can sit and have breakfast or, in the evening, soak up the Tuscan landscape over a glass of wine. Giacomo and Lorenzo are wonderful and friendly hosts who are extremely accommodating in sharing their obvious knowledge and love of the area. They made us feel very special and went out of their way to make us feel part of their family. Giacomo suggested car trips and places of interest to visit as well as directing us to wonderful restaurants both in Siena and in the countryside. We are extremely grateful to both him and Lorenzo for making our visit to Tuscany so enjoyable and memorable. We also found their staff to be excellent - personable and efficient. We can highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning and sharing another bottle of wine with our hosts. As Lorenzo stated, you arrive as a guest but leave as a friend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I just left this hotel 2 days ago, spending only one night & I was sorry to have to leave. If my commitments elsewhere were flexible I would have stayed longer. The grounds are exquisite, olive groves, flowers, fruit trees. The Palazzo itself is a beautifully restored 18th century gem, inside and out. Giacomo, the owner, was efficient, charming, & knowledgable about the city & it's environs. His staff was helpful to an extreme, particularly the lad who insisted on lugging our overweight bags up 2 flights. (I had to insist to let me at least carry my briefcase) The room was spotless, open & airy, & beautifully furnished. The bath had some of the best tile work I've seen anywhere. High-end soaps & shampoo, complimentary slippers, & plenty of hot water at good pressure. The views may have been the best feature. Our room at the back looked out over rolling hills. Just look over the shoulder of the contessa or duke in any Renaissance painting & that's exactly what it looked like out our windows. Other rooms faced the town, on it's hill. Breakfast was extraordinary meats, boiled eggs, cheese, multiple breads & rolls, 2 kinds of cake, 3 kinds of cereal (I've been missing my cornflakes here) 3 fruit juices etc,etc. I know I sound like a shill for the owners here, but I have really racked my brain to come up with a nit to pick. I'd say that the coffee was not exactly my taste...I'm a french roast guy & this was Italian (but I still drank 3 cups). Also, the impressive gate & long lovely driveway were narrow. Our little Fiat Panda had no problems, but Rolls Royce & Grosser Mercedes drivers might have to fold in the wing mirrors. The walk into Siena was a full 20 min, mostly up hill.(easy downhill returning) That's about it. I hate to gush, but this was the real deal.

Room Tip: I'd go for a room at the back for classic rolling Tuscan views, or the south end for fabulous vi...