Hotel Athena(Siena)
US$100
US$142
US$132
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$402
US$387
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfori portathe bustuscan countrysideminute walklong drivewaysummer homerestaurant recommendationsbreathtaking viewsglass of wineolive treespainted ceilingeach morningwalled citylarge terracefabulous hotelthe ground flooran easy walk
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We spent two nights at this lovely hotel to explore Sienna. Hotel staff very friendly and made us feel very welcome. Great views to ponder over while eating breakfast outside on the terrace. The only downfall of this hotel is not having a swimming pool but if only staying for a couple of nights not really a problem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful old villa about 10-15 minutes walk outside the city gates. The hosts could not be friendlier or more welcoming, offering maps and advice on arrival. They also stored my bags for the day after I checked out because I had a late coach and called a taxi for me when I came back.

The hotel has beautiful views over the valley and back towards the city. Breakfast on the terrace was joy. The single room was small but adequate. Didn't necessarily have all mod cons but that's what you expect from a historic property such as this. My only complaint was that the gap in the shower doors was very small. A person of, shall we say, a certain size has to breathe in quite deeply to get in and out (maybe a different design of shower door would help?).

Overall, though, I strongly recommend this hotel if you want a characterful property in a beautiful location with wonderfully welcoming hosts.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I see lots of other reviewers had the same experience we did--we also loved the hotel and decided to extend our stay because we couldn't tear ourselves away. Boringly, I will extol the virtues that everybody has extolled so far: the beautiful building, the comfortable and spotless rooms, the fabulous view to wake up to and to enjoy breakfast over, the perfect location for walking to Siena (ten minutes to the gates to the historical center, 25 minutes to Piazza del Campo). It is basically the villa you have always fantasized of owning and getting to wake up in. I am also not alone in mentioning the cultured and kind Lorenzo, who is full of good ideas of unusual things to go see and delicious things to go eat. I might be alone, though, in confessing that I had Lorenzo fever bad enough that I found myself wishing a couple of times that he had come to dinner with us to enjoy the places that he had recommended! (Giacomo was away for most of our stay, but I have no doubt I would have loved him too. The place has a magical feel about it, and everybody who works there seems nothing short of lovely, including the redoubtable maker of cappuccini and the night porter.) The hotel was a wonderful place to call home and I would love to go back again.

Room Tip: Three of us fit happily in the large room on the top floor with the fabulous views. The sofa bed was also very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Coming back to Siena means staying at the Palazzo do Valli. This small hotel is no more that 8 or 10 rooms. Our room was in the back of the building facing the Tuscan Hills. How amazingly beautiful to sit out and look at the hills.

Giacommo was delightful and genuinely interested in us, our stay and what we had planned. He is a kind soft spoken gentleman that just makes you feel at home and appreciated. He is willing to give directions or suggestions. Just ask

Breakfast in included and is a full meal. Enjoy breakfast overlooking the hills of Tuscany.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We stayed during the hot month of June for 2 nights in Siena in one of our many nights in Tuscany, Without a doubt this stay was our best
Right from booking, Giacomo dropped us a note on how to reach the place as we were coming by train and were not driving
This is truly like a palace overlooking amazing tuscan countryside, We were welcomed by Lorenzo who was helpful to get a booking at the nearby Fori porta restaurant (highly recommended)
Our room was nice and cosy and the outdoor breakfast was amazing, there is a bus right outside the palazzo which takes us right into town, but trust me walking in the evenings are a pleasure, Some great local wines in the evening while enjoying the jaw dropping views
Also recommend some of the tours (San Gimignano + Wine tours) which Lorenzo kindly booked for us, Siena is an amazing place and no better place to enjoy it other than Palzaao Di Valli

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple