All reviews fori porta tuscan countryside the bus long driveway minute walk breathtaking views olive trees painted ceiling glass of wine walled city large terrace fabulous hotel the ground floor an easy walk spent nights siena center each morning
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We, a friend and I, middle-aged ladies stayed four nights in a classic room on the ground floor.of the hotel. We were amazed by the old grace of the building, its gardens and the beautiful terrace, from where I took pictures everyday in the mornings and evenings in different lights. The room was comfortable, space adequate, bathroom new with good toiletries, quiet and cool even if the temperatures outside were higher than normal for the season.
Mr. Giacomo and Mr. Lorenzo are so nice and helpful, we had lots of good tips from them.
The gates of Siena are within comfortable walking distance from the hotel No problem walking there anytime of the day. By the way, there is a good trattoria right in front of the hotel, so we had a good eating option if we didn't want to walk anymore.
Breakfast was complete, continental with some other options Very tasty.
And as it is a small hotel, in the end you get to know other guests, and a good chat at evening is part of the enjoyment of the stay.
Oh, and thank you for the delicious pears. During our stay we had a storm one night, and in the morning there was a load of ripe pears under the tree. I ate a lot there and even brought some with me. What a treat !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Absolutely outstanding hotel for so many reasons. Magnificent grounds with a view to die for. Location was wonderful just a short walk to the city center or a short bus ride. The hotel was was spotless, parking, fantastic breakfast on the huge terrace overlooking the Tuscan countryside. But that is all minor compared to the outstanding hospitality from the moment you arrived. You were family! A special hug to Giacomo, Lorenzo, sofiane, the other gentleman (who I forgot to get his name) for making our stay truly unforgettable! The pictures do not do the property justice. THANK YOU for making this a truly amazing stay!

Room Tip: 21 had spectacular view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradley88
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We booked a couple of days in advance while on our first week of honeymoon... what a great choice we made... this place is relax with a capital R.... we loved every minute.. when we checked in parking at the villa was just like visiting home.. the 2 gentlemen are fantastic hosts... our room was just at reception and initially I thought ooops will they hear everything... or will we!! not at all.., it was pure heaven.., our room window opened out to the Tuscan hills and countryside... quite beautiful.. a 20 minute walk to the main center of Siena ... I even wore heels twice.., breakfast was lovely... just enough to start the day and so relaxed... we brought our tea and coffee out to the garden seats and we even sat after dark with a bottle of wine and watched sun go down on Tuscany hills... checked out and felt leaving driving down the beautiful entrance that we just may come back some day!! Thanks guys for lovely stay at palazzo di Valli

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited in August and were impressed by this hotel. It was in the perfect area, within a mile of the square in Siena; the room had gorgeous views of the countryside and the breakfast was delicious! The best part of this hotel though is the men who run it - they go above and beyond to help ensure your trip is exceptional. I really don't know why you would stay anywhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in a lovely room. A little nervous as it was right opposite reception but we didn't hear any noise at all. The views from the room looked over the gardens and onto the town.
Yes the walk to the centre is approximately 15minutes but there is a bus , which we never used and I'm quite a lazy person. Staff were very helpful and breakfast sat outside looking at the views of Siena were stunning.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple