“Lovely and authentic experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agriturismo Il Poderaccio di Lisa Rava

Agriturismo Il Poderaccio di Lisa Rava
Ranked #34 of 84 Speciality Lodging in Siena
Prague
“Lovely and authentic experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

My husband and I stayed last week in the two person apartment Gaia. I really wanted nice views and there were! The owner for quite helpful. Because the weather was rainy and cold we thoroughly enjoyed sitting by the fire with a glass of wine. It was a great experience and so close to Siena without at all seeming like it was in a city. Unlike the first review we didn't hear any dogs barking at night and hardly none during the day. It was very clean and comfortable place. We tried the Trattoria delle Castellnuova Berardenga and highly recommend it. I am so glad we found this place.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank praguelife

Solo
Business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I was blessed to have found this beautiful paradise while planning my first trip to Italy. That was about 5 years ago and my husband and I go back every year. We love Lisa and Teo and all the animals. The Olive Oil that is produced here is divine and the wine is fantastic. We feel like we are coming "home" when we visit and I am always in tears when we leave. It is so beautiful there, with the olive trees growing on one side and the vineyards growing on the other side. The apartment is always spotless and the sheets always smell so fresh and clean - maybe from drying outside? I'm not sure but we love it. Lisa speaks great English and is always helpful and accomodating. The location near Siena is perfect for exploring all the beautiful hilltowns of Tuscany and Florence is very close as well. There are also some Tuscan Islands not too far away we visited one year and you can go to Pisa, the mountains of Barga, and the Cinque Terre all quite easily as a day trip from here. It is the perfect spot to base yourself for days of exploring La Bella Italia! By the way I work for a 4 diamond Renaissance Hotel in the US and there is no place I would rather spend my vacation than at Il Poderaccio. My husband and I enjoy a wonderfully relaxing and romantic vacation and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BellaItaliaFlorida
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

We are currently here on our honeymoon. Needless to say it's not romantic, and I can't wait to get back to the 'quiet' of Rome. Yes, it is a working farm and I expected some noise from that, however, the owners live right next door to the two person apartment. The walls are thin. And they have at least 6 dogs, some of which bark constantly during the day, and several times through the night. I am not relaxed here and am pretty upset about it. Like I said, this is our honeymoon, and I'm definitely not in the mood for any romance, given the dogs and hearing the owners in the next room. I'd say go anywhere else. Luckily we leave tomorrow.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple