“Upgraded to this great apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Residence Paradiso

Residence Paradiso
and 1 more site!
Residence Paradiso
Ranked #56 of 85 Speciality Lodging in Siena
“Upgraded to this great apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

We are two girls from London who were upgraded to this two bed appt for three nights in sept '12. Lovely to have so much space and somewhere to cool. The appt is in a great location- ideal for buses to and from the city. The only little thing is that one bedroom is very noisy (as there's a taxi rank right outside and it backs right onto the main square.) Aside from that, just lovely. Modern and clean. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Caramcvean

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hull, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed one night in siena at this small residence very closely located to the main bus station of siena, and we loved our whole stay!! They have excellent service, provide you maps of the town, informations... There is free wifi everywhere in the hotel (rooms, kitchen, living room), bathrooms are to share but clean and spacious, you can do your laundry for free...
This was probably the best hostel we've been to during our trip and we would definitely stay here again next time we're in siena

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dahn J
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

During my one month trip through Italy, Siena was my favorite place. This was due in large part to Residence Paradiso.

The moment I arrived, I felt at home. The staff was fantastic, spending time with me to help map out my trip, recommending places to eat and where to get groceries. They graciously gave me a room upgrade after some booking problems (my fault). i could not have asked for a better base in Siena. I stayed in a single room (#1) on the corner of the top floor. I had an unhindered view of western Siena, with nightly sunsets outside my window. I had cable TV, a blessing at the end of a trip, where I could see what was going on in the world that I escaped.

The facilities were wonderful. A laundry machine is available for free, there are 2 refrigerators for your use, a full kitchen, dining table, mini-library, TV room and outdoor patio. And this was on my floor alone. The floor below me had more people, but I didn't investigate. There were 2 bathrooms for our floor's use. I never had to wait for one, they were always open.

When I was there, it was about 40 degrees C each day, which is deadly without air con. If I were you, ask for a fan. I noticed there was a fan in another unoccupied room, but it was too late, on the day of my exit. But despite the fact that I sweat through 3 nights in Siena, I'd do it all over again.

Location is unbeatable, right near the bus depot. You're also within 7 minutes (or so) from Il Campo and all the other big sites. Siena is a perfect place to just get lost. I'd highly recommend it. You can see all the touristy stuff in a day, if you're efficient. For the rest of the time, just enjoy the city. In all my years of travel (I am a very military and efficient slave driver for sightseeing), this was the first time I actually went back to a hotel to rest during the day. It felt like I was just going home for a nap and a shower. I've never felt so at home on my travels. This place is totally worth it.

Room Tip: As I mentioned, if traveling in hotter months, request a fan if you're on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Neil_Yeung
Napa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

We stayed for 3 nights. The location is excellent, right on a plaza with great restaurants and shops all around and only a short walk from the main tourist attractions. The accomodations are extremely clean and appear to be brand new. The Staff we very friendly and helpful. We could not have dreamed of a better place to stay and it was the least expensive during out entire trip.

• Liked — Location, price, clenliness, Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple