“Close, Comfy, NOT Costly!”
Review of La Buca di San Pietro - CLOSED

La Buca di San Pietro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Typical restaurant with fresh house-made pasta, Chianina meat, fresh fish, pizza, house confectionery and nice wines liste with tuscan, italian and internationals choices. The restaurant Buca di San Pietro is located in historical building " Casin de' Nobili ", in the heart of Siena.You can see " Il Campo " square through his window with an icredible view.We are waiting you for a very nice cooking.Cesare Lorenzoni
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Close, Comfy, NOT Costly!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Delicious offerings (especially the ribollita!) and open late. We found La Buca -- and a WONDERFUL waitress (thank you Zelja!) -- on the first night in Siena. Late arrival meant a tough search for open restaurants (plenty of places to buy slices or paninis, but FEW restaurants) when we stumbled upon Buca. We were not disappointed! Tasty, full-flavored pizzas, a delicious ribollita, and good house wine. You can't go wrong, and the prices are VERY affordable (5-7 euro for most starters and primis). I saw a couple of small tables inside and we sat at one of the three tables outside so it might be difficult for larger groups.It is right of the campo, so very easy to find.

1 Thank Robert H
labucadisanpietro, Proprietario at La Buca di San Pietro, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Cliente, thank you for the review and for the time you dedicated to write it. We hope you will have possibility to enjoy our food again. Thanks to your honesty and kindness we are trying to change if something was not as you aspected. Thank you for choosing our restaurant. We will be happy to have you here again. Best wishes!

• Polish first
san francisco, california
“A pleasant discovery”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

It was certainly an unexpected discovery for a very pleasant meal at a restaurant that was literally by del Campo, so one would honestly expect it's a tourist trap - and maybe it is. However, of the several places we ate in Siena, the food here was really good! But the most memorable part of that experience was the fantastic service by our waitress, Željka. She is attentive and will honestly suggest some meals that are good or a "must try". Despite the fact that I was satiated by all the pastas and pizzas that Italy has to offer, she recommended a great local, Sienese soup and a pasta dish that I actually quite enjoyed. I definitely recommend this place and make sure you ask for Željka.

• Visited May 2013
Oakland, California
“The surprise highlight of our Siena trip!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

After a week in Florence, Siena and Pisa, my 21 year old daughter and I voted this as one of our most memorable meals! The food was fresh, tasty and beautiful to behold. The location, right under one of the ancient arches near the amphitheater/center, can't be beat. The plus to dining here is that you get to beat the heat!

My daughter had a beautiful simple mixed salad and simply exquisite Seabass soup!

I thoroughly enjoyed their Bruschetta and handmade Pici (freshly made Sienese specialty noodle).

They were generous with their desserts and coffee.
They had a tourist lunch special--so all this yummy food turned out to be a great deal, too!!
We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance and are SO glad that we did! Next time we visit Siena, we're making a beeline for this place!

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing service, food, and location!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was visiting the city for a few hours with a friend. We were walking around lost and looking for a nice place to eat. This restaurant was more than I could have expected. The food was excellent! Our server was a really sweet Bosnian woman that gave us so much attention. This was the best service I had at any restaurant during my time in Europe. My friend felt the same way. The server was even kind enough to tell us where she thought we could find our car again. I will be looking forward to the next time that I go back there. I will make sure that I spend a few more meals there.

1 Thank Jonathan H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful restaurant”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The service was truly a positive experience. Our waitress, Zeljka (Jellica) was fun and engaging. Very positive! Appetizer (carpaccio with truffles)....great! Pasta was egg noodles with truffles, my wife had pasta with tomato sauce, garlic, simple, the daily deal...delicious! Homemade pasta, homemade sauces. Dessert was a cookie variety (my wife). I had the tira misu (unlike a standard tira misu with the great cream base).
Restaurant is located in one of the stairwell going down to the Piazza del Campo.

Great restaurant and tourist experience. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Wesjkam