“fantastic lasagne”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Any chance to get the recipe for the lasagne with eggplant, tomatoes and barrata? It was delicious. I shared my meal with others at the table and they were equally impressed with the light pasta and super light sauce. It is unique to me, and I would love the recipe.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The day before my partner met me I went into this place for a relaxing lunch/to read my book. The pasta I had was wonderful and I thought reasonably priced, however this is where the unexpected happened. The waiter told me they were having a large brass band coming the following day where for ~12 Euro each you could get live music, a buffet and drink. He showed me the band on a tablet and looking good we went.

So first of all the band was quite large, walking up and down the street playing. It was fantastic. On top of that the buffet wasn't just small soggy sandwiches, it was a proper meal. The food was fantastic with different bits and pieces carried around and handed out to us. This included stuff courgete flowers, hand made ravioli and what looked like little ice cream cones but were in fact soft cheese with Parma ham. There was a selection of wine, so red, white and prosecco all of which was very nice. It was so good we felt guilty for only having paid the 12 euros!

We went back again on the last night we were in Assisi and we were not dissapointed. The staff were lovely, wait was never too long and they gave us a very fond memory. All in all you can't really ask for much else!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been in this restaurant for three times and I have to say that the food and the service has been always consistent in term of quality. Not fine dining, but a good relation in term of value for money. Dishes are kind of traditional with a bit of twist. Ambience very cozy. Always busy so it is better to book. Wine list essential.
This is the direction the restaurant in Assisi should take!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We casually ended up here as one lady in a store told us "we go there"! Super cool staff, food was so good we had a WOOOW for every single plate we got delivered. Starter, pasta, main course, and desert - all exceptional. Look no further if in ASSISI - this is so much the best you could have - traditional, yet with high quality and innovation.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This little restaurant is an amazing place in Assisi.
We found it by mistake (it is not on the main road and you have to look for it), but we were extremely happy with it.
The food is very good (their dishes are inspired by the local Umbria tradition, but they are able to provide them with some modern appeal), and the place is very warm and welcoming.
The menu includes a limited but carefully-selected lists of entries: I suggest tagliatelle as main courses and the set of cheese and hams as appetizers. Wine list is inviting as well since they include some of the best wines of the regions.

The price is medium level (you can eat a dish + appetizer without wine with 20 euros).
The place is a bit small, so it is sensible to book in advance by phoning.
Anyway, there is a nice terrace outside the restaurant, that could be used to eat outside.

One of the best places in Assisi.