“Sensational!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Castel San Gimignano, Italy
“Sensational!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

A chance discovery, this was one of the best meals I have ever eaten! Excellent service, wonderful ambience, delicious food and inexpensive. Go there if you are in Assisi, it is well worth the visit!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amanda B

• Korean first
White Rock
“Authentic Umbrian”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We came across Osteria Piazzetta dell' Erba by walking out of the main piazza in Assisi and going up one of the side streets and that turned out to be a great decision. When we sat down we looked around to see what other people were eating and asked our server what each was. To our surprise the dishes were predominantly local Umbrian fare and not your typical tourist dishes that you would expect in such a highly visiited location such as Assisi. The food was outstanding and the service first rate. My suggestion would be to bypass the restaurants with views of the piazza in favour of this one which will give you great food and great service something the others will be lacking.

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic lasagne”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Any chance to get the recipe for the lasagne with eggplant, tomatoes and barrata? It was delicious. I shared my meal with others at the table and they were equally impressed with the light pasta and super light sauce. It is unique to me, and I would love the recipe.

• Visited June 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Unexpected”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The day before my partner met me I went into this place for a relaxing lunch/to read my book. The pasta I had was wonderful and I thought reasonably priced, however this is where the unexpected happened. The waiter told me they were having a large brass band coming the following day where for ~12 Euro each you could get live music, a buffet and drink. He showed me the band on a tablet and looking good we went.

So first of all the band was quite large, walking up and down the street playing. It was fantastic. On top of that the buffet wasn't just small soggy sandwiches, it was a proper meal. The food was fantastic with different bits and pieces carried around and handed out to us. This included stuff courgete flowers, hand made ravioli and what looked like little ice cream cones but were in fact soft cheese with Parma ham. There was a selection of wine, so red, white and prosecco all of which was very nice. It was so good we felt guilty for only having paid the 12 euros!

We went back again on the last night we were in Assisi and we were not dissapointed. The staff were lovely, wait was never too long and they gave us a very fond memory. All in all you can't really ask for much else!

Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been in this restaurant for three times and I have to say that the food and the service has been always consistent in term of quality. Not fine dining, but a good relation in term of value for money. Dishes are kind of traditional with a bit of twist. Ambience very cozy. Always busy so it is better to book. Wine list essential.
This is the direction the restaurant in Assisi should take!

• Visited March 2014