“Great cozy lunch”
Review of Enoteca San Pietro

Enoteca San Pietro
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Enoteca San Pietro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 246 Restaurants in Assisi
Price range: US$10 - US$37
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: "Enoteca SanPietro" is located in the old Town of Assisi, close to the homonymous church. The restaurant is a very characteristic e romatic place, especially at dinner time, for its soft lights and the presence of candles on every table. The umbrian traditional cuisine is revisited with imagination and creativity of the chef and cured with seasonal vegetables. "Enoteca San Pietro" also has an excellent choice of the best wines from all over Italy. Air conditioning during the summer and free service. Closed on Tuesday. Free parking in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were on our day trip in Assisi.... most eateries were not opened, although I did not bother to find out why. We were just very tired from the all the walking. We saw a sign that reads Pizzarella, and the menu outside shows that they serve Pasta too, so we were too happy to pop in, only to u-turn out within seconds... the whole place smells like a smoke house. So we continue our walk in search for a place to heal our empty stomach. While walking along the empty street, we saw an Italian flag and what seems like a ristorante ahead. We walked towards it and was so happy to find it to be open. We were more surprised to be greeted by the lovely deco. It was really cozy. Food was good too and the washrooms were clean with separated male & female (unlike many places where the washroom was unisex). Before we left, I tried to purchase some table tissue as I was having quite a bad running nose and the lady actually went to get me a whole new pack. She refused to accept the money for it. It really warms up my nose.... :)

EnotecaSanPietro, Proprietario at Enoteca San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review and we are happy that you enjoyed our cuisine and our cleanliness and our friendliness.
Barbara Tomassini

Reviewed 29 October 2012

In upper Assisi, restaurant furbished with warm colors and materials. One of the best dinner I ever had in my life! The owners are nice and they know how to guide you in choosing food and wine. Difficult to choose among all the delicious dishes listed, we started with a mix appetizer "ci pensiamo noi" with salami, truffle omelette, polenta and gorgonzola, bruschette...Gnocchi al sagrantino, pennette alla norcina (super rich) and tagliata di chianina alla rucola with rosted potatoes. We ended with a white chocolate souffle. Red wine (from the Region), of course. 75 euro. I'll be surely back!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Did we hate it? Certainly not. Did we love it? Well... no. It was a meal that we ordered, we ate, and then left and promptly forgot. If you are looking for that Italian meal that will stay with you for years to come, well this just isn't it. It's a good meal. You can leave full and perhaps a bit tipsy from a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine, but you won't be writing to grandma to tell her all about this place.

We got the tagliere maxi for 2 people. It had a nice mix of meat and eggs, but the cheese was lacking and compared to the price for that dish here in Naples, I was disappointed that it didn't include a hot portion, as we normally get for 18 Euro.

Additionally, for those of you solo Inglese-speakers, you may struggle. There is one waiter who sort of spoke English but the main waitress spoke absolutely none. I dabble in restaurant Italian (enough to get food, our bill and find out where the bathrooms are) and we managed to get by. But if you don't speak that much, you may have a very difficult time here. There will likely be a lot of pointing.

1  Thank LynnieLou619
EnotecaSanPietro, Proprietario at Enoteca San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear girl from Naples,
I'd like to respond to your review, but frankly I can not understand the meaning of his words. English is not my mother tongue but this time either way, (I speak discreetly), nor with the translator I was able to put together a logical discourse.
However, I can tell you I remember you as you come to the end of service almost 15:00 and you have chosen from our menu, without being advised, the Maxi tagliere the table next to you was enjoying happily and also consists of things hot freshly prepared, then you have eaten a plate of umbricelli with fresh ricotta cheese and tomato basil in two. The plates came back empty and even the bottle of Grechetto you drank was over, so I do not understand your opposition.
Unfortunately, however, not to have been able to satisfy and not being able to benefit from this review.
Sincerely, Barbara Tomassini

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We went here only because this restaurante was categorized as "vegetarian" in Trip Advisor. There's nothing particularly vegetarian about it. You can order the usual Italian dishes without cheese, etc., but no much else. Our server spent most of her time on a computer in the back during our meal, apparently on Facebook. In sum, it's a typical Italian pub-type restaurant.

EnotecaSanPietro, Proprietario at Enoteca San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

This review does not deserve much useless no comment from us.
Sincerely, Barbara Tomassini

Reviewed 24 March 2012

As commented by others, we trusted tripadvisor and chose one of the (supposedly) top rstaurants in Assisi. Having tried another one much further down in the list, that however we truly enjoyed, we reckoned this would be surely even better.
1st impact is not good. The place appears as a poor level pub. Nevertheless we gave it a shot. Waiters really nice. However the food quality was below average, especially for italian std. Not much choice and steak was hard and overcooked (not medium as requested). Starters however seemed good (ham and salame and other cuts). FOr a wine place we we weee not struck by an overwhelming number of bottles. First course,penne, alright, but nothing to go back to.
Cutting it short: sorry for the Pleasant people workin there but the place was not of our liking and does not deserve to be rated #5 in assisi.

1  Thank Mbert88
EnotecaSanPietro, Proprietario at Enoteca San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear Guys, I remember very well of you, because we see a lot of variety of people but I had never had to serve two people who ate the dish on the table are removing the paper place mat that serves to set the table, but this is a detail. The dishes that you eat from the first that you had the "penne alla norcina", the steak pork chop that is better to eat well cooked and the meat beef that is better eat medium cooked and two side dishes of grilled vegetabless are the dishes that they returned back cleaned . But did you expect a restaurant with a tablecloth and not a designed environment as it can be our place but surely the price you pay is in line with our environment, and certainly well below the restaurant that you would have wanted a location d 'Excellence as prices and cuisine that this type offers of local ! Sorry for not being up to your expectations but if you had read it right the other reviews, and saw at the photos posted and our responses would have avoided the disappointment.