“Memorable and it has left a very impression on me”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hotel Assisi

Grand Hotel Assisi
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Assisi
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
“Memorable and it has left a very impression on me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I am very grateful to the management and the wonderful people who have made my one-night stay at Roseo Hotel Assisi a wonderful and memorable one. I had visited the Assisi in Oct 2011, and had stayed in one of the rooms at Roseo Hotel Assisi. The booking was made through the tour agency.

Our package included a sumptuous and memorable buffet dinner. These are the food from the buffet dinner that I particularly liked: Hazelnut parfait, risotto, peas and potatoes.

The hotel's lobby was nicely decorated. At the roof top, one can enjoy a nice view of Assisi. This hotel has provided me with great hospitality, good vibes and scenic views. Rooms were clean. Amenities were in good order. All these have made the stay at the Roseo Hotel Assisi memorable.

Location wise, I was told that it will take a while to walk to the main town of Assisi. Since I was travelling with a tour group, and had the privilege of being shuttled about by a tour bus, this was not an issue.

Access to Internet appeared to be an issue on the night that we were there, and there were limited booths to access internet. It was not an issue to me since I had decided that I could do without internet connection during my stay.

There is a nice swimming pool at the hotel. However, since I was not into swimming, I gave it a miss.

Overall, I had a positive and a memorable experience staying at Roseo Hotel Assisi. I can still remember the beautiful views, the hospitality and the good buffet dinner.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank oceanskies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Columbia, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here as part of a group of twenty-one people who were in Assisi to hear musical programs at the basilica. While the hotel is not conveniently located near the town center -- it's a short taxi ride away -- it is in a lovely setting. The hotel is modern and clean, but that's about it. The food, when there was any, was awful and the staff not the least bit helpful. Though it was around 100 degrees every day we were there, the air conditioning had a certain way of going off in the middle of the night so that about 3:00 AM one would wake up sweating. The a/c fan would run, blowing the air around, but the cooling part (the compressor??) would not be operating. The window was connected to the a/c so that if the window were opened everything connected to the a/c stopped which made it impossible to have the fan blowing and the window open. I went down to the "restaurant" one morning to get a cup of coffee and was told that it was impossible until 7:30 AM. It seems the coffee machines are on timers and won't operate until a certain time. I found the restaurant staff rude and condescending. One morning after having served ourselves from the breakfast buffet, we attempted to eat on the terrace where it was cool. (No a/c in the restaurant.) The waiter told us that we had to eat in the dining room. We paid him no attention and continued to the terrace. He huffed at us and walked away. When I asked at the front desk about the lack of air conditioning -- it had stopped at 1:00 AM that particular night -- the attendant gave me "a look" and said, "It may be broken." In spite of its positives, I would not stay at this hotel again. In all fairness I believe I should add that it appeared that after a larger group left the hotel, for the three days our group was there, we were the only people at the hotel. This may help to explain the lack of services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The views are outstanding; however, for those of us ac...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pawleyslover
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a Globus tour in May. Hotel lobby and rooms are nicely kept. Pretty location up on a hill. we had a "group" dinner here as part of our tour.. the food was awful. I asked one of the servers to bring out more food for the latecomers and was told there was no more food. Also, the coffee and hot water machine was shut off and I was told it didn't work. It worked for breakfast. The quality of the food was so poor that I couldn't believe they would serve it. There is no where to walk to so you have to eat at the hotel. there is A very nice indoor pool that we enjoyed.

Stayed May 2012
5 Thank skatinggrandma
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

The good - attractive grounds, nice pool and great deck with beautiful views. The bad - food so-so, very rude desk staff, moldy smell in the hall (but not in the room), broken hairdryer, room safe did not lock, thin bathroom towels and no towels at the pool. Crucifixes in all rooms and many pictures of Saint Francis helped the atmosphere. The rooms, although fairly small, were comfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to check that your safe and hair dryer work!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Crcb
Johor Bahru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We (my parents and I) stayed for 2 nights, part of a pilgrimage group. The room was clean and spacious & everything was fine. And the garden! It was lovely to walk along the footpaths, at the end of which you are rewarded with a stunning view of Assisi in the valley below. Priceless! We had breakfast and dinner here. Food was OK. All told, a lovely hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sophiaJohorBahru
Laguna Niguel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Awesome hotel, nice bar, nice pool, gorgeous gardens. Restaurant was very good also. Only negative about this place is its very secluded so you are dependent on the hotel bar and restaurant for the evening.

Room Tip: Get one of the garden view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KevinKo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel was the BEST. All amenities were great - room, internet services, front desk, porterage, dining, ALL. Its lobby had these quaint little corners worth taking pictures of.

Best of all, our room had a view of the city. The Basilica of San Francesco was seen from our room window. Made for the perfect pictures in the early morning and during sunset.

I had the best time in this hotel and if I do come back to Assisi this is the only hotel I will book in.

Room Tip: Choose the room to the end of the hallway to have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends