“Lovely view”
Review of Grand Hotel Assisi

Grand Hotel Assisi
Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Assisi
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Room was nice but small as usual in Europe. Wonderful view from window which opened. Wonderful and ineresting lobby. Room numbering a little confusing since one floor up contained rooms numbered 500. Food at hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Assisi

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel while on a Riviera Tour. We arrived in the dark and left in the morning, so we missed the opportunity to take advantage of what looks like a lovely location. The hotel itself had a large lobby area with an unusual decor of what appeared to be trees growing through the hotel (must be faux, but rather lovely) and several comfortable seating areas.

Our room was quite small, but clean and rather cozy, though scarcely enough room to store our luggage in the narrow hallway from the corridor. I will say they made the most of the space in the room with shelving built along the wall that was nicely attractive. #15 of the Travelers Photos shows a room that is identical to the one we were assigned. There was a tiny TV placed on a corner shelf on a raised level. We had no time to watch TV and were truly there only to have a place to lay our heads after a day of travel and a stop in the charming town of Assisi, so it was of no matter to us.

The bathroom was equally economical in space, but it did contain the rare bathtub, which was most welcome. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both were excellent and the staff managed to keep the food replenished despite the numerous tour groups dining simultaneously. Overall, the hotel was nicely maintained and immaculately clean. Wish we had time to use the indoor swimming pool, which looks quite lovely - or to enjoy what appears to be a tranquil and lovely setting.

The hotel would be a good choice for those in the area to visit the Basilica, as it is in close proximity - a short drive - and for those wanting a relaxing and fairly serene location, but not for those who plan to spend a lot of time in the room due to the small size. We found everything to be in working order and definitely adequate for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I spent 3 days in Assisi in August 2012 with my husband and my daughter (3 years old). Our staying at Roseo Hotel was really great. The hotel is modern, well kept, very nicely decorated, has a beautiful garden with olive trees and a view over the valley. There is an indoor swimming pool, very nice in the summer. Rooms are comfortable, with WIFI access. What we mostly enjoyed, however, was the service: we have rarely seen a hotel staff so corteous and professional, extremely attentive and responsive to our needs, patient with the children. Our forfait included breakfast (a copious buffet) and a seated dinner (food based on local specialties and extremely well prepared). The hotel is located outside Assisi and its location, although nice and quiet, is not the easiest to find. However, given what it offers, it is worth while looking for it. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to Assisi, which makes going into town much easier.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorella101
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Clean neat modern. Friendly staff. Barman has a heavy hand which added to the fun aspect. Rooms might be small but very functional. Staff very efficient. The local is conviently situated close to Assisi town The theme from the Basillca is carried trough into the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Albertgerber
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I am very grateful to the management and the wonderful people who have made my one-night stay at Roseo Hotel Assisi a wonderful and memorable one. I had visited the Assisi in Oct 2011, and had stayed in one of the rooms at Roseo Hotel Assisi. The booking was made through the tour agency.

Our package included a sumptuous and memorable buffet dinner. These are the food from the buffet dinner that I particularly liked: Hazelnut parfait, risotto, peas and potatoes.

The hotel's lobby was nicely decorated. At the roof top, one can enjoy a nice view of Assisi. This hotel has provided me with great hospitality, good vibes and scenic views. Rooms were clean. Amenities were in good order. All these have made the stay at the Roseo Hotel Assisi memorable.

Location wise, I was told that it will take a while to walk to the main town of Assisi. Since I was travelling with a tour group, and had the privilege of being shuttled about by a tour bus, this was not an issue.

Access to Internet appeared to be an issue on the night that we were there, and there were limited booths to access internet. It was not an issue to me since I had decided that I could do without internet connection during my stay.

There is a nice swimming pool at the hotel. However, since I was not into swimming, I gave it a miss.

Overall, I had a positive and a memorable experience staying at Roseo Hotel Assisi. I can still remember the beautiful views, the hospitality and the good buffet dinner.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank oceanskies
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here as part of a group of twenty-one people who were in Assisi to hear musical programs at the basilica. While the hotel is not conveniently located near the town center -- it's a short taxi ride away -- it is in a lovely setting. The hotel is modern and clean, but that's about it. The food, when there was any, was awful and the staff not the least bit helpful. Though it was around 100 degrees every day we were there, the air conditioning had a certain way of going off in the middle of the night so that about 3:00 AM one would wake up sweating. The a/c fan would run, blowing the air around, but the cooling part (the compressor??) would not be operating. The window was connected to the a/c so that if the window were opened everything connected to the a/c stopped which made it impossible to have the fan blowing and the window open. I went down to the "restaurant" one morning to get a cup of coffee and was told that it was impossible until 7:30 AM. It seems the coffee machines are on timers and won't operate until a certain time. I found the restaurant staff rude and condescending. One morning after having served ourselves from the breakfast buffet, we attempted to eat on the terrace where it was cool. (No a/c in the restaurant.) The waiter told us that we had to eat in the dining room. We paid him no attention and continued to the terrace. He huffed at us and walked away. When I asked at the front desk about the lack of air conditioning -- it had stopped at 1:00 AM that particular night -- the attendant gave me "a look" and said, "It may be broken." In spite of its positives, I would not stay at this hotel again. In all fairness I believe I should add that it appeared that after a larger group left the hotel, for the three days our group was there, we were the only people at the hotel. This may help to explain the lack of services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The views are outstanding; however, for those of us ac...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pawleyslover
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here as part of a Globus tour in May. Hotel lobby and rooms are nicely kept. Pretty location up on a hill. we had a "group" dinner here as part of our tour.. the food was awful. I asked one of the servers to bring out more food for the latecomers and was told there was no more food. Also, the coffee and hot water machine was shut off and I was told it didn't work. It worked for breakfast. The quality of the food was so poor that I couldn't believe they would serve it. There is no where to walk to so you have to eat at the hotel. there is A very nice indoor pool that we enjoyed.

Stayed: May 2012