“Centrally situated”

Ranked #14 of 141 Assisi B&B and Inns
Wellington
“Centrally situated”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Thanks Rita and helpers for making our stay in Assisi outstanding. Your property was clean and comfortable for tired travellers that had been travelling for over 25 hours. The breakfast was varied and set us up for the day. Thank you for picking us up from the bus station it was appreciated at the start of a holiday in a foreign country speaking a different language. Loved the tourist atmosphere during the day and the quiet night sleep we got at our B and B.
Pizza takeaway and Restaurant ten steps away supplying a good meal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theresa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My friend and i just returned from staying here last month. We were in Assisi for just 2 nights. We were traveling around Italy and wanted to see the smaller towns rather than the more populated, touristy cities. Assisi was my favorite of all the places we visited. Our host, Rita, was very nice. She picked us up from the train station and drove us out when we left. From our experience we found breakfast to be pretty sparse when they call it a "bed and breakfast" in Italy. Perhaps, Italians are not used to large breakfasts. Of all the places we stayed Rita offered the largest breakfast with the greatest variety. She also hung out where we ate and was quite warm and friendly. The best part about Case Brizi though is the actual room. It was the cleanest, coziest, most updated, and nicest place we stayed in of all the places we stayed. If you're like me and love solitude then this is the spot for a week stay in the fall or dead of winter. Rita clearly has very good taste and sense of style when it comes to interior decor. It was really quite a beautiful room. Just an FYI, the fridge was stocked with drinks and snacks and we ate quite a bit of it. I found out later that you have to pay for them. That wasn't clearly stated anywhere and a bit confusing to us since there were free drinks and snacks that other b&b's offered. Luckily, Rita was understanding and didn't charge us. Overall, a perfect stay in this most soulful place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jinah1971
Athlone
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Our first visit to Assisi, staying at Case Brizi was a magical experience and this was not only due to the personal care and attention we received from Roberto and Rita who made us feel so welcome, but also to the beautiful historic building which was so atmospheric and lovingly maintained. Our room was gorgeous, it was full of character and yet was comfortable with subtle little design features - it was a joy. We accessed our room from a private entrance so we could come and go as we pleased any time of day or night. Breakfast was served in a cosy dining room within the building and yet separate from the guest rooms which was a bit quirky but worked so well. We have never been so well looked after, it was something special. We were perfectly happy with the location of Case Brizi it was very central, close to everything we wanted to visit, it was ideal in fact for exploring all the town and discovering something new everyday. We would certainly stay here again, it was just a lovely experience...and so different.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the top floor...it was bright with windows at the front of the building.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I travelled alone to Italy, with the hopes of finding a safe and comfortable place to stay in Assisi....and at Case Brizi, I found that and more. I stayed there for 12 nights, and felt at home.

I am usually hesitant about B&Bs because there is little privacy... but this was perfect! There is a private entrance to the building where the rooms are... it is very independent.

The location is absolutely PERFECT for Assisi. Right in the middle of town, close to the main Piazza and beautiful church of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva. (My favorite church, and they have evening Mass)!
Right next door is a market to buy inexpensive water and other food/snacks. Everything is so close. There are great spots steps away to see the amazing Umbrian valley with the most stunning views of the hot pink sunsets.

The owners of this B&B were more than hospitable. Every day they made sure I was comfortable and well taken care of. Going to breakfast in the morning, I was always greeted with big warm smiles, as they were always excited and full of joy. They had a great breakfast for all of the guests...and amazing espresso/cappucino! They truly made me feel comfortable and well at home. They were so kind, caring and generous.

The room I had was just perfect... for one person, it was nice and spacious and the bathroom is private. Everything was so clean. The room has two great windows with views of the stone streets.
I loved the rustic yet modern feel of this place. The stone and wood make it so charming, so rich in Italian culture. Even more, I was offered a personal espresso machine for my room...which made it so nice to have an espresso break in the afternoon :)

I am so grateful for the amazing experiences I had in beautiful Assisi-- and this B&B was the perfect place to stay. I HIGHLY recommend it... I would definitely stay with them again if I return.... hopefully not too far from now!

Pace e bene! :)