“A walk through Time”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A walk through Time”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Splendid shaded walk through history and time leading up to St. Francis D'Assisi. Separate trails, flat and uphill moderate but all worth stopping for.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Hampshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Bellissimo percorso”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Friends told us about this walk and we were delighted they did!
We visited in August, so not only this was a journey that offered spiritual reflection, but also a welcome respite from the heat.
I have no problem with the small charge (voluntary anyway and no more than the cost of an ice-cream, to put it in context), if it keeps places like this going.
The illustrative panels gave us an opportunity to understand more about the surroundings and the well placed seats a chance to take all in. What marvellous scenery!
The little chapel at the bottom of the walk is a gem. The staff welcoming and friendly and the toilets (spotlessly clean) have one of the most beautiful view of the Basilica...
We completed the walk to the Third Paradise, the living sculpture. Amazing and again a stunning view of the rocca.
We did not rush and spent the morning enjoying this. We'll certainly do it again if in Assisi. In the kind of weather w encountered light walking shoes/trainers were fine, but bring some water for the walk - plenty at the fountain once at the small Chapel.

Visited August 2012
6 Thank Trepesciolini
Truro, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Highlight of My Pilgrimage”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Unknown to me before I left America, a fellow tourist told me about this "park" which is found near the walls of the Basilica. As I entered, I had no idea how beautiful, and meaningful this place would become to me in my 5 days in Assisi.
Well shaded in the 90 degree heat, the trails, (steep at times) the entire 90 minutes spent walking and reflecting went by quickly, while I sat at times on the many benches along the way, I could not help think that this experience was the perfect way to integrate all that I had seen and felt in the city of Assisi (Churches, Basilica's etc) with what St. Francis was all about --- being one with nature and finding Divine expression in the birds, trees, air, and water.
I heartily recommend this as part of your pilgrim experience or if you're a lover of nature who wants to get a glimpse into the Assisi countryside without having to get in your car.
Wear good hiking shoes and bring a walking stick if you use one. The fresh water at Santa Croce was delightful. Walk all the way to the Terzo Paradiso where you will find such peace among the grove of Olive trees. (3 Euro suggested donation is well worth it)
Enjoy!