“A+ for location, price and personality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Assisi
Camere Annalisa Martini
Ranked #116 of 137 Assisi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Located just outside Piazza del Comune (the main square) in Assisi, you really couldn't ask for a better location. It was an easy walk to everything we wanted to see, including the basilica of St. Francis. There were several coffee bars and small groceries nearby and a tourist information center in the square.

This place is loaded with personality and friendliness and our room had a knock-out view. We stayed in winter and found the room to be warm, with a comfy bed. The shower was hot, but the shower curtain didn't quite reach around the shower properly so we couldn't avoid getting the floor all wet. While it's cleaned every day, our room was not perfectly clean (there were some dodgy towels, hairs that weren't ours, misc. stains and a used bandaid in the shower) but for 42 euro a night for a double with bathroom, I'd stay again and recommend this cute place to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PicnicAtTheCathedral
There are newer reviews for Camere Annalisa Martini

Reviewed 17 November 2009

When I arrived Nonna Martini welcomed me as one of the family, coming towards me with raised hands as if she were about to kiss me on both cheeks. Instead she pressed a cookie into my hand. This place is lovely, just steps off one of the main pedestrian streets coming off the Piazza Commune. My room was beautiful, large, clean, and with a lovely view of the rooftops around us. I loved Assisi, and having a room at this place was a big part of what made me feel so at home there.

It is a budget option, with a clean shared bath, and thin walls. Bring earplugs.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We are a family of four (two adults and two teens) and we spent two nights at Camere Annalisa Martini in June. We absolutely loved our stay there, and particularly loved the location. It's very very close to the center of town. Most of all, we enjoyed the two double rooms we were in on the first night. We requested the family room, but it was booked for the first night. The double rooms have incredible views of the Umbrian countryside, and the family room does not. The double rooms share a bath down the hall, but only with one other room. There are two baths for three rooms, which was more than sufficient. We were thrilled to have that bonus the first night. We moved into the family room the second night. If you are a family and can take two doubles over one big room, we recommend doing that here. The family room is large and does have its own bath, but it lacks the unbelievable views, breezes and light.

Also, Annalisa and her mother are very sweet and do everything that they can to make you feel welcome. This is an excellent place to stay while visiting lovely Assisi.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 January 2007

My husband had a two night reservation here but because of the travel (our train was a two hour unexpected layover), we arrive late to Assisi (about 11:00 at night). I called Annalisa and I don't speak Italian and she really didn't speak English. I tried telling her I would be late. She said she would wait. When we arrived, the place was pitch black. We rang the doorbell and banged on the doors for 20 minutes. We went to an open bakery and they tried calling..to no avail. We went back and banged some more. No answer. Luckily we walked the city and found a small hotel. The next day, Annalisa was a little upset because she said I never showed up and that she waited til 1:00 in the morning. I told her my side and she said "I lost my money!!" ..Well, we worked it out and got to stay one cozy night. It was all quite a misunderstanding. I loved my room and had a wonderful little balcony. The rooms are cozy, the private bathroom was spacious for Italy, and the hostess quite energetic!! Other than the first night, it was a wonderful adventure!!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank natalieh2006
Reviewed 27 December 2006

When I arrived at the property, I was greeted by the friendliest most welcoming woman I have ever met. She immediately put me at ease and showed me around the rooms before making me commit to anything.

The bathrooms are huge and very clean. The bed was soft and comfortable. It is located right off the main piazza, in the heart of Assisi - close to great restaurants and all of the sights.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank karebear1981
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2006

My wife and I stayed with the Martinis on our honeymoon and could not have been happier. We were treated incredibly kindly, the rooms were very charming, and though the city is small, it is centrally located. Mrs. Martini actually bought us a wedding present upon our leaving. We stayed again on our way back towards Roma. Also, though it is shared, there is a bathtub, which is very rare on a budget trip. We truly were made to feel like family.

• Stayed: March 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 20 July 2004

My family of four stayed at Camere Annalisa Martini for two nights in May 2004. This is a wonderful, clean little place at a very reasonable rate. The owner speaks English and makes you feel right at home. It's located in the middle of town within the Assisi walls. The combination of its location and very low cost makes it the perfect place for a budget traveler.

• Stayed: May 2004