“A lovely hotel to stay in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Assisi Garden

Assisi Garden
Ranked #67 of 142 Assisi B&B and Inns
Leek, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel to stay in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have just stayed at Assisi Garden for 11 nights in order to explore Assisi and some of the other wonderful hill towns in Umbria. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming, friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. We had a comfortable, clean room with a good view over the fields. The restaurant food was very good and very reasonably priced. The location was good for us because besides exploring Assisi, we hired a car and explored other parts of Umbria so the location gave us easy and quick access to the dual carriageway. There is a 10/15 minute uphill walk from the hotel to Assisi itself along the 'St Francis 'Brick Road', which is the pilgrims' footpath. There are buses up to the town regularly from a stop a few minutes' walk away.

This hotel was ideal for our needs. We enjoyed staying there very much and I think our lasting memory of it will be the staff who were great!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Suzanne148

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent 2 nights here while visiting Assisi, Perugia and Spello. I cannot say anything good or bad in particular, the hotel is average in every term, nothing special. It is OK if you are planning to spend only the night in the hotel. The staff is nice and helpful, the location is relatively good, most of the rooms have view of St Francis Cathedral.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Silvia0515
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

My greatest memory of my stay here was the staff. The hotel itself was difficult for me to find on my motorcycle in the rain, but once I did, it was a very welcome surprise. In the entrance soaking wet, the staff looked after me with care from that moment. They made sure my bike was moved under cover for protection, and helped me in every way they could on my first 2 nights in Italy.. even helping me set up my own mobile phone card. Add to that their fantastic food, and I can say I loved the place. I felt like I was home with family and would definitely book there again if I ever return to Assisi.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank becauseicanworldtour
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

When we first arrived in Assisi, I didn't really know the location of this hotel. We had to ask the info box and we rolled our suitcase down and found it. It's not part of the main part of the hill.

Our room was very big and clean. Maybe it was because I was staying in guesthouses the entire trip, so I was very impressed by the quality of how clean the room was and how firm the bed was. This was probably the only night I had the best sleep. It is very close to St. Francis, about at 15 minute walk.

Breakfast is offered downstairs and we got cappucinos as well.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Choco_robba
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

Assisi Garden is extremely peaceful! We had requested a quadruple- which was 2 double rooms connected. There are beautiful views from your windows. Food was good- wide variety for breakfast (if you request a cappuccino or latter to be made instead of using the machine they charge you extra). They have a large balcony for everyone to relax in, which chairs, tables, etc. They also have a backyard with tables to enjoy. It is a 10-15 min walk to the center. The staff is amazing.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Afton, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

This was the favorite hotel on a 10-day tour of Italy. Close to Assisi and in view of St. Francis' Basilica, the grounds, the food, the service were all excellent. We loved throwing open the windows to the night views of the cathedral.

• Liked — The stately manor
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008