“maybe the best pasta i have ever tasted in Italy...divine truffles”
Review of Ai Cappuccini - CLOSED

Ai Cappuccini
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Athens, Greece
“maybe the best pasta i have ever tasted in Italy...divine truffles”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed in the hotel during our trip to Umbria and had a dinner in the restaurant. Well, this was an experience. The pasta with tartufo was the best pasta i have ever tasted...grated tartufo...oh it was amazing...and not to forget the prosciuto which was a tribute to taste and a panacotta with forest fruits which was to die for...the tastes of that night broadened my gastronomic horizons...

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank zoomendoscopist

Umbria
“Truffles from Heaven”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Last week I had one of the most delicious meals of my life.

It was a cold autumn day in Gubbio and I was lucky to chose the newly refurbished Hotel Cappuccini restaurant for my lunch. My friend knows this restaurant well and it was lovely to be talked through the menu with the waiter Guiseppe filling any gaps with information about local specialities. We nibbled on parmesan shards and amazing grissini which played the part of a beautiful edible flower arrangement on our table to start. Then we had a lovely glass of rose procecco and sat back and admired the blending of Gubbio antique pottery with modern chic restaurant style. We would happily have eaten everything on the menu but at the last minute, a locally sourced white truffle was paraded before our eyes accompanied by a truffle degustation menu and that was that..

As we both had plans for the rest of the day, we chose a risottini bianco (little white risotto) with shaved truffle which perfumed the room and was a sensation. Everyone seems to struggle to descible the sensation of eating white truffles and I can only say I hope I can remember it for the rest of my life. We soaked up every last grain of rice and sliver of truffle with freshly baked bread, threw down a delicious shot of coffee and positively bounced out of the room. I have been barely able to wipe the smile off my face since and to me, eating like this is what Italy is all about.