I echo everything wonderful that has been said here. Marilisa and Ricardo were great hosts. Rooms were great, and yes, the food was the best we had throughout our 18 day adventure in Italy.
A little bit off the beaten track, however, it's well worth the bumpy drive. We stayed in a spacious room just adjacent to the "main house". We had a very private outside "sitting" area which was perfect for afternoon wine and cheese tasting.
A 2-3 day stay here would be perfect to use as a launching point to visit the nearby towns. The town of Gubbio was disappointing, however, many other spectacular hilltowns were only about an hours drive away.
My highest recommendations for the Borgo di Carpiano!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ancient castle of Carpiano is among the hidden treasures of beautiful Umbria. This small hamlet is located at only 12 Km from the medieval town of Gubbio and 22 km from Perugia. In this pleasant place simplicity, elegance and warmth of genuine hospitality are ideally combined. The Borgo is surrounded by secular olive trees and lush woods in a pristine valley crossed by the Ventia stream. The three stone buildings that comprise it are perched on a spur of rock that ends with an infinity pool of salt water overlooking the valley. In the main building, the old church has been restored keeping the original frescoes and has been now converted into library and conversation room hosting classical music concerts and events. During the winter months meals are served in the large dining room in front of the warmth of the old fireplace while in the summer are served in the small square with breathtaking view over the valley.Home made bread, cakes and biscuits, vegetables from the vegetable garden and a search of quality ingredients, all strictly "seasoned with our own olive oil" ....The Borgo has only eight rooms all renovated respecting the original architecture and materials of the time. Get lost in the woods, plan to do very little, get accustomed to the silence are recommended activities!Borgo di Carpiano is also an ideal setting for an exclusive place to celebrate with your friends a special occasion. In house wine, cheese and olive oil tasting, cooking classes, therapeutic treatments and relaxing massages can be arranged. Horse riding, golf, rafting can be found in the nearby surroundings. The Borgo is in a strategic position to visit all the major Umbrian towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Borgo di Carpiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Di Carpiano Hotel Gubbio
- Borgo Di Carpiano Gubbio, Italy - Umbria