“Best Budget Dining Option in Gubbio”
Review of Osteria dei Re

Osteria dei Re
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
“Best Budget Dining Option in Gubbio”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

There is no shortage of high end,high priced places to eat in Gubbio.I wanted to eat at the Re my first night in town,but they were closed (Wed). They have a chalk board with many daily specials in Italian,and a menu in English.Not much English spoken in this place.I was seated upstairs,which is a small room with maybe 20 seats,the more choice seating would be in the basement,where they have two rooms with vaulted ceilings. I did see Zuppa de Farro a classic Umbrian/Tuscan grain soup listed on the board.They had a very good version of it here,in a large bowl.I made the mistake of ordering the appetizer sampler for myself,It was served on a large round platter,lots of good stuff.I am a big guy,but I was stuffed beyond belief after finishing that off. A 1/2 litre of very good casa vino rossa was only 4 euro. I was very impressed with this place,and wished that I could have eaten another meal there. I could have eaten two meals at this place,for what I spent at the high end place the first night.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Dan F

Deventer, The Netherlands
“The real thing”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We had a tip from a woman in a shop after requesting a place to eat where the neighborhood people come to enjoy authentic Umbrian food. We loved every mouthful!
From the delicious risotto with asparagus and prosciutto to the sausages from Norcia on Torto al Testo....heaven. Reasonable prices, neighborhood feeling, go there and enjoy!

• Visited June 2011