“not enough words”

Park Hotel Ai Cappuccini
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Gubbio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

to describe the fantastic experience we had. my family only books with high end accommodation. we have been spending time in most parts of Italy, but Umbria and ai Cappuccini have marked our memory. forget about Hollywood inflated Tuscany. The place is fantastic, from every perspective, be it its location, architecture, fittings, facilities, food, staff and services, SPA. we were there as a couple with baby and our nanny. the offered us corresponding rooms which was so attentive. the rooms are very clean, large and comfortable. every single staff member is lovely, kind and ready to help. kitchen is top, very good selection of wines (for every budget). we will definitely get back. our only hope is only that this place shall not be occupied by hordes of loud tourists you usually find in places that get a good name...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Thank you to all your staff for an amazing stay at the villa and the hotel. Your hospitality, generosity and kindness was unsurpassed. I think all 33 of us will be returning, we are missing Italy already! The food, wine, setting and service were amongst the best, if not the best, we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely! My husband David and I are luxury travel planners with a true passion for extraordinary hotels that offer the ultimate vacation experience and this hotel located in the heart of Umbria is delightful. The hotel, originally a 17th century Capuchin monastery, nestled within the small community of Gubbio, once a religious epicenter of religious activity during the medieval era opens up another world to its guests. The hotel pays beautiful homage to its heritage through beautifully preserved architecture and grounds. The hotel décor is a beautiful fusion of modern and traditional furnishings, creating an air of cultured elegance. The artwork in particular, an impressive accumulation of frescoes, Renaissance paintings, Flemish tapestries, and furniture is clearly a labor of love and a delight to behold. In addition to the serenity achieved by the hotel itself, the Cappuccini Wellness Center and its restorative therapies based on the ancient monastic tradition of medical plant cultivation in concert with modern spa treatments will elevate your experience. The hotel has also opened an indoor water park both physically and aesthetically pleasing with hydro massage and thalasso. Finally, the dining is a beautiful blend of Italian and international cuisine in a beautiful Old World setting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mrandmrsitaly
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'm a destination wedding planner and some years back I was an editor of a health magazine so between the two I have visited many 5 star properties and reviewed many spas over the last 20 years. I stayed at Park Hotel Ai Cappuccini last week and I have to say it blew me away, it has to be one of the best hotels I have ever visited. The decor is so tastefully done - contemporary, yet complementary to the beauty of the original monastery. The food was amazing (artichoke cake a must have), the staff wonderfully attentive and friendly, the rooms extremely spacious and comfortable and the spa and pool was a complete surprise which makes you catch your breath on first sight! It has to be seen to be believed and experienced to be fully appreciated. And the location - within a short walk of a buzzing, fascinating beautiful town. Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Room Tip: Be sure to spend time in the spa and pool!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WeddingPlannerRosie
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is my second visit at Park Hotel Ai Cappuccini and it was even better, if possible, than the 1st one: the quality of this place exceeds any place I stayed in Umbria and the restaurant has given me the best of my food experience in Umbrian Food. The artichokes cake was a piece of art and the white chocolate dessert, made my taste buds happy forever. But you know what impressed me most? The staff : Monia and Giuseppe at the reception are the most professional people you can meet with, the young waiter serving my lunches stroke me as the most kind person on hearth. Giuseppe, the maitre, made me eat over my stomach capacity... I felt so much at home, that I forgot my pink pijama there.. on the bed, as you do it when you feel at home.. I am afraid, I have to go back to get it :-)).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank biliana
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Forget my review, just go and see for yourself.. it is truly great. Friendly knowledgeable staff great food, great facilities... I have no complaints, NONE, and I am a stickler for quality over quantity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caipucci
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Last week end it was my 6th wedding anniversary and I decided to go and spend a week end at Park Hotel Ai Cappuccini, since it was highly recommended to me by an American friend of mine. By the minute I arrived,I was impressed by the colour of the stone that cover the façade and by the tiny church that was attached to the hotel. Iooked around and saw a great piece of Pomodoro in the garden and other pieces of art that stroke me for their value and beauty. The room was really, really big and the lunch with its truffles astonished me.But what really makes this place special are the people : Carmela, the owner, always on top of everything with a smile on her face, Attilio the resident manager, as charming as only Italian men can be and Giuseppe and Salvatore and Adriano the restaurant waiters. On saturday I tried the Spa and there the wow factor was reached thank to Vanessa, that combined expertise and courtesy. Thank you all

Room Tip: the rooms in the ancient part of the building
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple