Just back from 4 wonderful days at this hotel. Everything about this place is magical but the setting probably has to be the trump card. Lying by the pool amongst the olive trees gazing out over the Umbrian hills you feel like you are dreaming.
We stayed in the duchess suite which I would highly recommend. Large bed, lots of space and a shower that would probably fit 6 people. It was 40 degrees when we were there but even with the windows open at night it was beautifully quiet.
Breakfast was incredible. My husband and I love our food so enjoyed tucking into all the fresh fruit and home made cakes. The view from the breakfast room reminded me of EM Forster's ROOM with a view. Truly stunning. Get to breakfast early to make sure you get one of the 2 tables with the view.
We chose to spend our honeymoon here and we have no regrets. Only reason I gave it 4 stars is that the dinner service was a little slow and we felt the food was a bit too expensive. There was only one waiter so when the restaurant was busy he had too much to do. However he was a delightful man, as are all the staff. We met Lucia Lucia and Leonardo and they have to be the nicest reception staff I have ever met on my world travels.
You must go and stay here. You will not regret it.
While there defo drive to Gubbio and take the birdcage style cable car up the mountain. It's an experience you will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio