We came to Italy to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday and he wanted to stay in an authentic medieval castle. For 2 nights we stayed in the tower that was built before the 14th century. Although you will need to climb a lot of steep stairs the effort is well worth it! We also stayed in a "less challenging" part of the hotel in a "superior" room #33, which was huge and comfortable. Breakfast was generous including croissant, meats, cheese, eggs, juice, and many cakes etc. The cappuccini were great. We also ate dinner there each night. The food is wonderful and Paolo, the maitre'd, is a true professional. The 4 course chef tasting menu is a wonderful value. All the staff were very helpful and pleasant. We appreciated meeting Dr. Sagrini, the owner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio