My husband and I stayed here one night on our honeymoon as we passed through Umbria and had an amazing time. It was a Monday night in low season so we were the only guests in the castle but they were so nice to us and even opened the restaurant just for us. The food was spectacular...one of the best meals we had on the whole 9 day Italian trip. We stayed in the tower which was really interesting and unique with amazing views. It works better if you're short rather than tall though! :-) The pool area looked lovely though of course it was not open in March. If sleeping in a castle has been a lifelong dream then definitely give Castello di Petroia a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio