This is one of the best hotel experiences I've had. The staff are genuine and warm, and very professional. Lucia managed our arrival and made sure everything went smoothly. We arrived past midnight and the owner stayed up to let us in. We stayed in the deluxe suite, on two floors: absolutely charming. The style is classic and fresh. The windows are small so there is less natural light, but that goes with it being a castle! Very spacious and high quality furnishings. The breakfasts are plentiful and the home made apple marmelade is remarkable. The service was great both mornings we stayed. Isabella was so kind, made our morning! The walk around the castle are not too groomed, and feel quite wild, which I loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio