My Wife and I spent 3 nights at the hotel as part of a trip to the are THe whole experience was one of the beast we have ever had on our journeys throughout the world.
The friendly welcome was continued throughout our stay and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The views from our bedroom and the rest of the castle were amazing. We ate in the restaurant for the three nights and the food was superb with a good selection of wines.
Describing our experience to friends, they all want to visit just to sample the food and atmosphere.
Certainly a Hotel we would recommend to anybody
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio