We travelled with our boys 7 and 9. The castle is incredible in terms of its uniqueness.
Staff were warm and welcoming, young Isabella was so sweet, having our table set for breakfast with hot choclate ready for the boys.
All the staff were great though and Carlos for suggesting the frasissi caves, he thought our children would enjoy, we hadn't even heard of them and they did love them, so did the adults.
At at hotel for breakfast and dinner and food was great do was the wine.
Had wine on the terrace one afternoon and that was a great way to spend the afternoon before dinner.
Pool was a delight to lounge around, or take some food and sit at the table and have some wine.
Such a special place, need a car to access anywhere, which we had, but wouldn't suggest busting without your own vehicle. It was very secluded and tranquil and at times the kids were very loud and boisterous so would hope to come back when the kids are a little older or without them.
Thank you for a great visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio, Italy - Umbria
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio