“A must do”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Italia
“A must do”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Great fun - walk down for great Views of Gubbio. A really quirky was to see Gubbio from a height - parking nearby - don 't miss this out of your tour of Gubbio.

Visited December 2011

Florence, Italy
“THE RIGHT RESTAURANT FOR RALPH COLEMANN”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

On Monday, June 11, 2012, my wife and I have been visiting Gubbio and Monte Ingino. But things have been a bit “stormy”… As soon as got off the famous cableway shrouded in fog, it began raining cats and dogs. Luckily, we were very kindly and carefully welcomed by the owner of the “Restaurant La Funivia” and we enjoyed our meal with amazingly good food and special wine. (We payed a fair price). When we was back from visiting the Saint Ubaldo’s Church, the weather became worse and worse and we was unable to go back down by cableway. We didn’t know what we could do else, and what should be happened therefore. Yet, the owner of the Restaurant was so nice and affable to help us in a very curious way. He asked a truck driver (who was passing by) whether he would please take us to Gubbio. The truck driver agreed and we were able to return down to Gubbio. It was quite an adventure! And we must thank the owner of the “Restaurant La Funivia” a lot for he has so graciously helped us. As you know I’m Ralph Colemann, the author of the thriller novel “L’indice di Raffaello”. And I’m presently writing the sequel of the first. In this new novel, part of the story takes place even in that geographic area. Since two of my main characters will be visiting Gubbio and Saint Ubaldo’s Church, I’m planning to mention the “Restaurant La Funivia” in my story whether the owner agrees. Quite many people told me lots of good things about the “Ristorante La Funivia”, just the same I personally experienced during my tour. Next year or so, as soon as ready, I’ll come and personally give the owner of the restaurant a copy of my book and stay there for dinner with my family. By the way, everybody can share with me on Facebook if like, and ask for friendship. Bye-Bye, Ralph Colemann.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ralph C
Rome, Italy
“delicious food delightful people”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Went by cable car to top of mountain had a beautiful meal in the restaurant meet the nicest people Fillipo,Valintina and Marina. Thank you for the lovely lunch and a great trip back down the mountain with Fillipo and Valintina and good luck with bambina number cinque.
Grazie