“Another Gubbio Gem!”

Locanda del Cantiniere
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal here with handmade pasta with asparagus, which is in season here, lamb chops covered in pistachios, homemade rolls with noce and cocoa, fragrant limoncello. Even though the restaurant was quiet as everyone in Gubbio was still involved in the Corso dei Ceri Piccolo, it was a warm and wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Luv2travel36461

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hi,
My son and I had lunch here because it was near the Funvia and it looked nice. Right on one point- near the Funvia. I should have trusted my instincts and walked away when I felt the bad vibe. My son went to wash his hands ( a good thing to do before eating ) and the waitress asked to take out order. She knew we walked in together and I asked her to come back when my son returned. Then the arrogant manager came over. I think he had some pretentious of fine dining. (not!) What was the rush as the place was less than 1/3 full? When we wanted to order I asked for a salad which would have been a nice carb free alternative to all the pasta I 'd been eating. I was told I had to order a second course and could not just have an appetizer. Ok, I ordered a steak even though it was heavier than what I wanted on a hot day at lunch. The steak was not that good, tough and sad. No pleasant sauce and VERY salty. The place was stuffy and the service was poor. The manager who thought he was all that AND a bag of chip was rude. The place was over priced and I arise against it.

4  Thank suz b
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We have been there trying different dishes with tartufo and tagliata but the value for money is not there. My recommendation is just the tagliata expensive but very good

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The ambiance was excellent, the service was excellent, the food was very good and beautifully presented...I had tartare of beef followed by strangozzi...both very good...I would recommend this place highly.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

This restaurant is nothing special...and overpriced compared to other restaurants in the area.
The antipasti we're fine, but nothing out of the ordinary - just meats and cheeses. The risotto was average not to be repeated. The tagliatelle of steak was overcooked and tough - very disappointing. Sure the atmosphere is elegant and the plates and tableware very nice - but who cares about all this...it is the food that is most important and the food was disappointing. Can't understand why so many people think this is a great place - can only think that they are catering to the tourist market - more style over substance -

1  Thank Tinkerbellina