“Good food, just missed a little atmosphere”
Review of Taverna del Lupo

Taverna del Lupo
Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a terrace table, looking forward to an atmospheric dinner and a good eating experience. The food was indeed good. We shared a starter of mixed hot and cold antipastas, which were extremely good (but one between two is really quite sufficient). I then took the taglietelli with truffles; very good. My wife took the veal with pecorino cheese, which was delicious. The white wine was a bit of a disappointment, but then we should have taken the local "fizzy" stuff, rather than try to be clever. However it was the atmosphere that stopped this being a truly great experience. Perhaps this was due to the waiter, who was quite sullen?

1  Thank OlderGuy1956
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a light lunch in a hot day. It became a delightful feat of tastes. They prepared the best lnguine alla buttarga we have ever had. The place is beautiful and classy. Service impeccable. Prices correct for the quality.

1  Thank Cdc T
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We spent a wonderful day in Gubbio, and this restaurant was recommended by a number of locals. The food was excellent... I had a pasta with battarga and tomatoes, and my dearest had veal and a side dish of seasonal vegetables. Service was professional and there were a number of nice touches, including a tasty plate of cookie with our coffee. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MKeren
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We wandered around looking at menus in windows & really stumbled across Del Lupo as we wanted to eat somewhere that had Truffle dishes on the menu & they did. From the first greeting, the staff were very friendly but obviously took their jobs very seriously - formal without being stuffy. We asked for assistance with both food & wine selection which was happily given. We had three truly memorable dishes. The first was the restaurants signature entree - a soft egg with shaved Truffles - you have to see it & taste it to believe it - the second dish was the home made Tagliatelle with Truffle & the third was the Scallopine of Foie Gras - they were all amazing. A great experience.

2  Thank Sue T
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife in spent a day in Gubbio while driving between Assisi and Rimini. The restaurant was recommended to my wife and we are so glad we stopped in for lunch! It was one of the best meals we had on this particular two week trip to Italy! Since this was our first trip to Umbria we made a point of trying as much local cuisine as we could, and I'd say that Taverna del Lupo was easily the best sampling of it we had! I don't remember exactly what we had (it was a few months ago now that we were there) but I'm pretty sure my wife had one of the local pastas with truffles and I had exquisite lamb and roasted potatoes. The wine list was impressive (we enjoyed a nice Rosso Montefalco), and the bread was amazing! Even if you find yourself in Gubbio only for an afternoon you won't go wrong eating some of the best regional food at Taverna del Lupo.

2  Thank arm90405