“Consistency, consistency, consistency”

Taverna del Lupo
Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've been in this restaurant several times in the past years, eating here is always a pleasure.
The service is spotless, the food excellent and the wine cellar (ask them to have a visit) full of nice surprises.
Is a little bit expensive, nothing excessive, but the quality of the food is superlative.
From the appetizers, ask them for the full one, to the desert, everything is house made and excellent. Their Truffle tasting menu is something that has to be tried!

La Taverna del Lupo is my go to restaurant every time I'm in Gubbio with my family or friends.
I strongly advice you to try it, it will be worth it.
Ah, one last but very important thing, regardless is a 5 stars restaurant, is also family and children friendly. One of the few places with this plus.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Tucked in a corner of Gubbio is this amazing restaurant. Inside is best as you descend into stone built barrel vaulted cellars that are hundreds of years old. The wines on offer are fantastic and their home made pasta with fresh truffle devine. I would also recommend their chopped liver, a local specialty that will not dissapoint. Service is excellent with welcoming staff and the manager will make you feel at home. There were plenty of locals ( we were the only foreigners there) eating who seemed to be well known by the staff, which to me is always a good sign.

1  Thank Hannibal_biker
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a terrace table, looking forward to an atmospheric dinner and a good eating experience. The food was indeed good. We shared a starter of mixed hot and cold antipastas, which were extremely good (but one between two is really quite sufficient). I then took the taglietelli with truffles; very good. My wife took the veal with pecorino cheese, which was delicious. The white wine was a bit of a disappointment, but then we should have taken the local "fizzy" stuff, rather than try to be clever. However it was the atmosphere that stopped this being a truly great experience. Perhaps this was due to the waiter, who was quite sullen?

1  Thank OlderGuy1956
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a light lunch in a hot day. It became a delightful feat of tastes. They prepared the best lnguine alla buttarga we have ever had. The place is beautiful and classy. Service impeccable. Prices correct for the quality.

1  Thank Cdc T
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We spent a wonderful day in Gubbio, and this restaurant was recommended by a number of locals. The food was excellent... I had a pasta with battarga and tomatoes, and my dearest had veal and a side dish of seasonal vegetables. Service was professional and there were a number of nice touches, including a tasty plate of cookie with our coffee. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MKeren