“Primavera Mini Hotel”

Primavera Mini Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Perugia
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I am extremely disappointed that I cannot give this hotel a higher ranking. Having booked and paid a deposit for this hotel prior to Christmas and the request for the specific room on the top floor, we were very disappointed upon arrival to find out our booking had been "lost". While I appreciate that errors do occur, it was very distressing for us, particularly as we had looked forward so much to this hotel - based on other Tripadvisor comments. While every effort was made to accommodate us and we were finally relocated to another hotel - this experience unfortunately left us quite "flat" for a few days. The reason for logging this review is purely a lesson that we have learnt that when you book so far in advance, that you should also make contact prior to leaving home to confirm and check the booking. We did stay one night in one of the smaller rooms, and from what we did experience - despite our extreme disappointment regarding our booking - was the fact that this hotel had a wonderful warm homely feeling and was exactly what we were hoping and expecting to experience. Unfortunately, the hotel that we were relocated to (Hotel Fortuna) lacked this atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamMargery
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Margery,
I' m happy that you wrote a review on TripAdvisor. This means that you thinking about us.
As I told at your arrival when you reserved the room more in advance - on Christmas for May - the hotel was close.
I did a VERY BIG HUMAN ERROR when I copied your reservation in my register of booking. I think that this happened because I had not any mail for the confirmation and you didn' t call me 1 week in advance to ask if everything was ok.
I was very sad when you were distressing and when you cried. For this reason we provided not only to leave back your deposit but we reserved for the same price another hotel more excellent than mine. Anyway, you told us you need to stay with us at least one night. For this reason we offered to you a night free in the only room - a single one - in which it was possible to sleep. The price was 70 euro. To do that we must be obligated to cancel a last minute reservation and refund 70 euro to the other guests. As though that we payed to you 140 euro to refund for the BIG HUMAN ERROR THAT I CAUSED.
I know we are different from all the others hotel' s owners. This is the reason because the people rember us for longer as you disclose.
Finally, I hope you stay well now and I hope that your next holiday will be without trouble.
With my best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The location of this small hotel, which is more like a B&B, is excellent. It's in a relatively quiet area of the city, but just a five-minute walk from the bustling central piazza. The staff was friendly and helpful once we arrived, though they failed to answer repeated emails I had sent asking where we should park our car. As it turned out, there's a fairly convenient parking lot just below the hotel's neighborhood, with an escalator that gets you quite close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper room with the terrace. It has a great view of the city and the surrounding country...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear dmc55403 and Co.,

It’s a pleasure reading your review, especially because you have judged our small hotel very good.

I want to emphasize that there was a misunderstanding about the answers you didn’t receive on your e-mail. As a matter of fact, it may happens that there are incompatibilities between the pc servers.

I took care of your reservation personally and all the times that I have received your e-mail, I answered promptly, but the email could not get there. This happened for both the e-mail addresses we use to answer to the e-mails. Not having your telephone number, what I recommend to all our customers to leave, and no other way to answer to you, we were not able to get in touch with you. The day of your arrival, unfortunately I was not there, and I could not explain to you personally the inconvenience. But as you noticed, the ticket for the parking “Pellini” has been appropriately reserved for you ,and as you wrote, this parking it is well connected to our hotel with 2 escalators.

However, we are delighted that your stay at the Primavera Mini Hotel was pleasant, and that you decided to write this helpful review. It gave us the opportunity to thank you for your nice comment and explain why you thought that we didn’t answer to your request for informations. Thank you again.

Best Regards

Maria Teresa, Chiara & Co

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed for three nights in February to tour the old town and the adjacent city of Assisi. The owners treated us like family, providing user friendly information for touring the town and taking the train to Assisi. For the small cost, 5 Euros, their buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices. The room while small was fully furnished with an excellent bed and an electric kettle plus a good assortment of teas, coffee and biscuits. The hotel was quiet even on Sunday morning. We were within a ten minute walk of several excellent restaurants and a couple of delicatessens.
It is easy to get to the hotel from the train station by following this route: from the front of the train station turn Left and go about 250 metres to the Mini Metro; Take the Mini Metro to the Cuppa station, cost 1.5 Euros; Exit the Cuppa station, turn Right and go 60 to 70 metres to the escalators; Take the three escalators to the top and exit in front of a church; Go around the church on your Right and up the alley to the next street; Your hotel is the building on your immediate Right and the entrance is just around the corner. Enjoy this lovely hotel and charming city.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn B
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Carolyn,

thank you very much for this nice review.

I' am very pleased that our small hotel has been so welcoming for you and the person who was with you.

The welcome and help we give to our guests during their stay are important values ​​for us. And when they are recognized, this fill us with joy and encourages us to continue to make all the improvements that we have thought for our Mini "little" Hotel.

A special thanks for having so well described the path to do (with the Minimetrò and escalators) from the train station to Palazzo Vincioli where,at the 2nd floor, is located the hotel.

Happy Easter
Yours faithfully,

Chiara and Co.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

My sister and I felt safe and pampered in this lovely, clean, safe little B&B situated on a hillside just a 10 minute walk from the main square of Perugia. We slept with the windows open and woke to birds singing and church bells tolling. A beautiful view. The breakfast buffet was very good with breads and pastries, cheese, meats, boiled eggs, cereals and juices. A very good value for families, couples - or sisters - traveling on a budget. I hope we can go again someday!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlgebraTrig
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dearest Algebratrig and Sister,
your review is amazing. I' m touched.
I' m happy to read that there are persons like you that appreciate and add value to the twitter and to the church bells tolling.
This is Magic. My heart is overflowing. I' m really encouraged to go on.
Each day I' m going to the right way.
I try to offer everything is necessary to have every comfort here. You support that it is true.
Thank you very much!
With my best whishes
PS: thanks tripadvisor!

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and found Primavera to be exactly what I needed. It's a very low cost hotel, but for the most part, didn't feel that way. I had a small room on the main floor that looked out onto the streets behind the main door. There was no noise from the neighbouring rooms, but the weekend student party in the square down the street was pretty loud. My room was well kept, with wooden floors, a well stocked mini-fridge, a tv, a 3/4 bed which wasn't terrible, but not the most comfortable either, and plenty of room for bags. The bathroom was a good size, but the shower enclosure slightly broken and hard to close.

Nothing much to say about the owner and staff, they seemed nice enough, although I didn't have much contact with them.

The hotel is convenient for parking, with the escalotor to one of the lots, only 30 meters from the hotel. They also offer you a very decent rate for parking, if you pay at the hotel. Perugia is a difficult city to navigate by car, and if you are not used to Italian driving, I'd highly recommend that you park and then make your way by foot to the hotel. There really isn't anywhere to even leave the car for a minutes while you check in.

The hotel is 3 floors up from the street, so not an option for everyone. The desk staff help you bring up your bags though if you need it.

From this place I moved on to a larger, higher star hotel (which I'll also review) to meet my group of photographers who I led on a photo tour of the region.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank photo_gypsy
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dearest photo_gypsy,
thank you very much for your nice review!
Thank you for the beautiful photo regarding the famous Sciri tower too ( now is under restore )!
I hope I' ll see you again soon
Best whishes
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year
Chiara e Co

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The Primavera Mini Hotel is a family run hotel for over 60 years. It's with-in walking distance to the city centre and if you can try to get the top floor room with the terrace.

This room is large and has a great bathroom, the terrace was a nice place to relax after a long day out and the wifi connection was very good. The staff were helpful and the parking although a long way away was easy to find.

Breakfast was basic with no cooked dishes available other than boiled eggs. Our room had a minibar and small table.

It's a little bit difficult to get to by car to drop off your luggage and the stairs are long but it's worth the effort.

If you like to have a drink before or after dinner check out Dempseys Bar in the main Piazza. Andrea the owner is a nice guy and the atmosphere especially after 11.00pm is very vibrant.

Room Tip: Terrace room on the top flor is very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Realife01,

thank you very much for your nice comment.. We are happy that you enjoyed what you found here despite the stairs you had to climb. The room with the terrace certainly has its charm and the advice you have given to all TripAdvisor guests to require it to ensure it is available for their stay, it’s very good.

I know that in the country from which you come in the morning you eat cooked food, as you wrote.

In recent decades we have all become more hasty and we replaced the good and healthy traditional breakfast that had our grandparents, with cappuccino and croissant or even only a short coffee to be eaten up!

It’s a bit much, isn’t it?

Fortunately, times have changed and we rediscovered the good things, which come from the countryside of Umbria, including the "salame Perugino" and the "lombetto", which are "affettati" (as we call in Italy). We have also added the Bettona cheese. Bettona is a little town not far from Perugia. We add the DOP Oil of Umbria too and the hard- boiled eggs that here we use to eat with salt and oil. Without these flavorings they would be too "SCIAPE!" as we say in Perugia (in dialect means insipid).

What is missing in our buffet (there was not even in the tradition) is a cooked meal like pasta or soup that just didn’t take became part of the meal of 8.00 am

Forgive me for this long digression about breakfast but I wanted to talk about our traditions. In any case, if it were possible, I would like to have some good advice on how to further enrich our buffet. Thank you.

A friendly greeting

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Once you're in the right part of town (we didn't find it that easy in the car), directions to this hotel were fine. It's located on the top two floors of an historic "apartment block" and so was a little quirky in this respect. However, although the building may be old, the hotel has been nicely done up and furnished. Rooms and bathroom are small because of the building but the layout has been carefully considered. Breakfast was good for its low cost - about £5. Staff were excellent and beds and pillows were of a good standard too. A delight for the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear TravelMan Glasgow,
thank you very much for your great review on TripAdvisor which I read today just for my 40th birthday!
Thanks for having well described our “quirky” and delightful Mini Hotel.
Your description is very real. You have explained very well the position of the hotel to the historic centre and the building in which it is located too, but above all the description it is extremely clear. This makes me especially pleased because it will help all of our guests, who will stay with us, to understand that Primavera Mini Hotel is really different from all other.
With my best wishes