“Excellent solution for visiting Perugia”

Primavera Mini Hotel
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Perugia
Roma
“Excellent solution for visiting Perugia”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Excellent location and reasonable prices for visiting the old city of Perugia. Primavera Mini Hotel is good for fit people. There is no lift and the stairway is quite steep and even a bit slippery. There is also a glass door through the stairs which is not the top of safety. The hotel is nice and the room was quite beautiful with a view on the old roofs of Perugia. The owner family is very kind and they give you also the possibility to park your car down in the Parking of via Pellini at low price.
Be prepared to pay an extra tax of 5 euro per day as a stay tax for the City Hall.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Zigno2009,
Thank you for the images you sent us!
We always need new photos from our guests, because each one catches different nuances.
I see you've noticed that we really like the colors: purple, fuchsia, red ...
We are thinking of adding a glass to drink, do you think it is safe?
As you wrote , Perugia introduced the tourist tax: 1,50 € per person per day. We would like, if it is possible, to know your opinion.
A special thank you for appreciating us and all the characteristics that distinguish us.

Best Regards

Chiara & Co

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Austin, TX
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here as a family (my husband and I, our six year old, our infant, and my mother in law) for several nights in June 2013. We loved it. The hotel's location was surprisingly convenient. We arrived by train and used the combination of the mini-metro and escalators to get to and from the hotel, really without much trouble, even with the kids. (Though there is a short flight if steps on the way up, and a short flight and a longer one on the way down.) it was also very convenient to the city center, hike being somewhat out of the way.

My mother in law and daughter had the room on the upper floor with a fabulous balcony with stunning rooftop views. My husband, baby, and I had a spacious room on the "main" floor (which is the third floor of the building, if I was counting correctly) just off the breakfast area. They even had a nice baby cot for the baby. The only downside about the rooms was that the showers were small, but for the location, that's expected and easily tolerable. The service was great. The interactions leading up to our visit were all smooth, and the staff also had some good recommendations for restaurants.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear ch1s77,

it is with great pleasure that I read your review.

Having a family, like you, with children, I know very well which are the needs are when you travel with them, grandparents and all the family :)

I am very pleased to read that you have fully understood how the hotel is profoundly linked to the territory and the context of the charming historic centre . Despite this, the desire to evolve us is always live, never without the risk of losing our identity. About the rooms…from July 15 ........ I'll leave you the surprise .......

See you soon!
Chiara, M. Teresa, Roberto, Miranda and Francesco
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I am extremely disappointed that I cannot give this hotel a higher ranking. Having booked and paid a deposit for this hotel prior to Christmas and the request for the specific room on the top floor, we were very disappointed upon arrival to find out our booking had been "lost". While I appreciate that errors do occur, it was very distressing for us, particularly as we had looked forward so much to this hotel - based on other Tripadvisor comments. While every effort was made to accommodate us and we were finally relocated to another hotel - this experience unfortunately left us quite "flat" for a few days. The reason for logging this review is purely a lesson that we have learnt that when you book so far in advance, that you should also make contact prior to leaving home to confirm and check the booking. We did stay one night in one of the smaller rooms, and from what we did experience - despite our extreme disappointment regarding our booking - was the fact that this hotel had a wonderful warm homely feeling and was exactly what we were hoping and expecting to experience. Unfortunately, the hotel that we were relocated to (Hotel Fortuna) lacked this atmosphere.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TeamMargery
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Margery,
I' m happy that you wrote a review on TripAdvisor. This means that you thinking about us.
As I told at your arrival when you reserved the room more in advance - on Christmas for May - the hotel was close.
I did a VERY BIG HUMAN ERROR when I copied your reservation in my register of booking. I think that this happened because I had not any mail for the confirmation and you didn' t call me 1 week in advance to ask if everything was ok.
I was very sad when you were distressing and when you cried. For this reason we provided not only to leave back your deposit but we reserved for the same price another hotel more excellent than mine. Anyway, you told us you need to stay with us at least one night. For this reason we offered to you a night free in the only room - a single one - in which it was possible to sleep. The price was 70 euro. To do that we must be obligated to cancel a last minute reservation and refund 70 euro to the other guests. As though that we payed to you 140 euro to refund for the BIG HUMAN ERROR THAT I CAUSED.
I know we are different from all the others hotel' s owners. This is the reason because the people rember us for longer as you disclose.
Finally, I hope you stay well now and I hope that your next holiday will be without trouble.
With my best regards
Chiara
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The location of this small hotel, which is more like a B&B, is excellent. It's in a relatively quiet area of the city, but just a five-minute walk from the bustling central piazza. The staff was friendly and helpful once we arrived, though they failed to answer repeated emails I had sent asking where we should park our car. As it turned out, there's a fairly convenient parking lot just below the hotel's neighborhood, with an escalator that gets you quite close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper room with the terrace. It has a great view of the city and the surrounding country...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear dmc55403 and Co.,

It’s a pleasure reading your review, especially because you have judged our small hotel very good.

I want to emphasize that there was a misunderstanding about the answers you didn’t receive on your e-mail. As a matter of fact, it may happens that there are incompatibilities between the pc servers.

I took care of your reservation personally and all the times that I have received your e-mail, I answered promptly, but the email could not get there. This happened for both the e-mail addresses we use to answer to the e-mails. Not having your telephone number, what I recommend to all our customers to leave, and no other way to answer to you, we were not able to get in touch with you. The day of your arrival, unfortunately I was not there, and I could not explain to you personally the inconvenience. But as you noticed, the ticket for the parking “Pellini” has been appropriately reserved for you ,and as you wrote, this parking it is well connected to our hotel with 2 escalators.

However, we are delighted that your stay at the Primavera Mini Hotel was pleasant, and that you decided to write this helpful review. It gave us the opportunity to thank you for your nice comment and explain why you thought that we didn’t answer to your request for informations. Thank you again.

Best Regards

Maria Teresa, Chiara & Co
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed for three nights in February to tour the old town and the adjacent city of Assisi. The owners treated us like family, providing user friendly information for touring the town and taking the train to Assisi. For the small cost, 5 Euros, their buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices. The room while small was fully furnished with an excellent bed and an electric kettle plus a good assortment of teas, coffee and biscuits. The hotel was quiet even on Sunday morning. We were within a ten minute walk of several excellent restaurants and a couple of delicatessens.
It is easy to get to the hotel from the train station by following this route: from the front of the train station turn Left and go about 250 metres to the Mini Metro; Take the Mini Metro to the Cuppa station, cost 1.5 Euros; Exit the Cuppa station, turn Right and go 60 to 70 metres to the escalators; Take the three escalators to the top and exit in front of a church; Go around the church on your Right and up the alley to the next street; Your hotel is the building on your immediate Right and the entrance is just around the corner. Enjoy this lovely hotel and charming city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn B
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear Carolyn,

thank you very much for this nice review.

I' am very pleased that our small hotel has been so welcoming for you and the person who was with you.

The welcome and help we give to our guests during their stay are important values ​​for us. And when they are recognized, this fill us with joy and encourages us to continue to make all the improvements that we have thought for our Mini "little" Hotel.

A special thanks for having so well described the path to do (with the Minimetrò and escalators) from the train station to Palazzo Vincioli where,at the 2nd floor, is located the hotel.

Happy Easter
Yours faithfully,

Chiara and Co.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My sister and I felt safe and pampered in this lovely, clean, safe little B&B situated on a hillside just a 10 minute walk from the main square of Perugia. We slept with the windows open and woke to birds singing and church bells tolling. A beautiful view. The breakfast buffet was very good with breads and pastries, cheese, meats, boiled eggs, cereals and juices. A very good value for families, couples - or sisters - traveling on a budget. I hope we can go again someday!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlgebraTrig
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dearest Algebratrig and Sister,
your review is amazing. I' m touched.
I' m happy to read that there are persons like you that appreciate and add value to the twitter and to the church bells tolling.
This is Magic. My heart is overflowing. I' m really encouraged to go on.
Each day I' m going to the right way.
I try to offer everything is necessary to have every comfort here. You support that it is true.
Thank you very much!
With my best whishes
Chiara
PS: thanks tripadvisor!
Toronto
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and found Primavera to be exactly what I needed. It's a very low cost hotel, but for the most part, didn't feel that way. I had a small room on the main floor that looked out onto the streets behind the main door. There was no noise from the neighbouring rooms, but the weekend student party in the square down the street was pretty loud. My room was well kept, with wooden floors, a well stocked mini-fridge, a tv, a 3/4 bed which wasn't terrible, but not the most comfortable either, and plenty of room for bags. The bathroom was a good size, but the shower enclosure slightly broken and hard to close.

Nothing much to say about the owner and staff, they seemed nice enough, although I didn't have much contact with them.

The hotel is convenient for parking, with the escalotor to one of the lots, only 30 meters from the hotel. They also offer you a very decent rate for parking, if you pay at the hotel. Perugia is a difficult city to navigate by car, and if you are not used to Italian driving, I'd highly recommend that you park and then make your way by foot to the hotel. There really isn't anywhere to even leave the car for a minutes while you check in.

The hotel is 3 floors up from the street, so not an option for everyone. The desk staff help you bring up your bags though if you need it.

From this place I moved on to a larger, higher star hotel (which I'll also review) to meet my group of photographers who I led on a photo tour of the region.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank photo_gypsy
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dearest photo_gypsy,
thank you very much for your nice review!
Thank you for the beautiful photo regarding the famous Sciri tower too ( now is under restore )!
I hope I' ll see you again soon
Best whishes