“Quaint but typical restaurant”
Review of Il Falchetto

Il Falchetto
Ranked #278 of 833 Restaurants in Perugia
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Quaint but typical restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stopped here for dinner on a rainy evening. It's a quaint, elegant little place, with a mostly standard menu--with a few exceptions (pumpkin-filled pasta in a zucchini/speck/saffron sauce!). Fairly deep wine list, and good prices. The server did bring the wrong wine the first time--which my friend noticed before it was opened.

The pasta and wine were good, but the fillet--while cooked perfectly to-order--was nothing special.

Not a bad place, at all; but nothing to write home about.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
seattle
“good place”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Regional cuisine, well prepared and served by pleasant hard-working staff who will speak English. Get there early.

Visited April 2013
arcadia, Ca
“great restaurant. deserves higher standing in trip advisor”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This restaurant was excellent. Each dish was perfectly prepared and served. the house wine was excellent. the price was reasonable. We almost skipped it because it was 124 in tripadvisor. We actually went to another restaurant. The music was loud and the server would not lower it. the menu was limited so we left and decided to take a chance on this restaurant recommended by our hotel. We were wonderfully surprised to eat here. The restaurant specializes in truffles. We ordered the mixed appetizer-a must to try. The two pastas were served very hot and were wonderful. Although full, we shared a suckling pig dish (we didn't finish it because we were full) but it was again fabulous.FYi. for obvious reasons, we didn't have dessert but i suspect they are good. Our bill was quite moderate for such an amazing meal.
i can't help but get the feeling that either they changed owners and/or chefs or the negative reviews are coming from friends of competing restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
ARCADIA, CA
“Wonderful Place for Typical Umbrian Food”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We went to this lovely small Umbrian restaurant in Perugia after choosing a much Trip-Advisor higher rated restaurant several doors down and finding that the higher-rated restaurant had nearly nothing on the menu that we would select and had very loud music plying on their audio system, a definite no-no for us. We defaulted to Il Falchetto, a few doors up Via Bartolo, toward the Duomo, and we were very glad that we had. In retrospect, it is very difficult for me to understand the negative comments about this fine restaurant, since my wife and I had an excellent meal with a very good Umbrian house wine at a very reasonable price, with great, friendly service. This is our eighth trip to Italy in the past 8 years, have eaten in many restaurants there during that time, and this would be one of my top choices for typical regional cuisine - not ultra-gourmet or fancy, but very well prepared. We started with two different mixed antipasti, both of which were served very hot and whose every item tasted fresh and delicious. One emphasis of this restaurant seems to be black truffles, and all items containing this flavoring were excellent. We progressed to a different pasta for each; both were very flavorful, the noodles properly al dente and the spinach/ricotta gnocchi very delicious and of a very nice consistency. We shared a secondi, both being rather full from the previous generous portions, and thoroughly enjoyed a dish called "young pig"; I've forgotten the Italian name, but the dish itself was very well prepared, tender and flavorful. As I noted previously, the Umbrian house wine was very good - a bit thin at first taste, but opening up beautifully to a fruity, mellow red that I quite enjoyed with the food. Sadly for us, we couldn't possibly have a dessert after all this food, because they all sounded and looked great.

All-in-all, a very, very satisfying meal. I will definitely return to this restaurant next time I am traveling through Perugia.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles
“Not great”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This is a small and typically pretty restaurant. I ordered the spinach and ricotta gnocchi (also composed of farina, egg, and Parmesan), a specialty. It is briefly boiled, then baked and served in tomato sauce. It was very tender and delicious, but I grew tired of eating it before I finished, and I am a gnocchi fanatic. I then had a goulash of wild boar and deer with polenta. For me, the dish was peppery to the point where I could not distinguish the deer from the boar. The polenta was in rectangular logs and the texture was not what I had expected when I ordered polenta. So, I can't say that my visit was successful. And I heard the same odd soundtrack a prior reviewer mentioned. The service was friendly.

• Visited January 2013