“Passion & Taste”

Let's cook in Umbria
More attraction details
Owner description: Culinary adventures in Italy: cooking classes, winery tours, truffle hunting and very popular cooking vacation programs that include accommodations and excursions to remote villages throughout Umbria and Tuscany.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The cooking class is an experience I will not forget. Not only because of the cooking experience itself. The environment brought me back sweet memories of childhood and having my son with me made everything more special. Rafaella and Stefania work with true passion and everybody felt at easy and worked well. A delicious menu, everything hand made with super quality and fresh ingredients. The students were also singular people, kind an enthusiastic. I highly recomend the experience (indeed I'm planning the next opportunity!).!!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Better than a tee shirt is to take home cooking skills from Italy. Raffaella and Stefania created a practical menu of Italian culinary treats that definitely translate to our kitchen back in the States. We had a delightful day and ended it with a fabulous meal - that we cooked! We consider ourselves good cooks and we enhanced our skill. The roast pork in a reduced wine/grape sauce, for example, was so easy, showing off how simple ingredients create the delicious food Italy is famous for. We also made tagliatelle and it was so easy. We cooked in Raffaella's home, were able to tour her veggie garden and olive grove and eat in the dappled shade of her casual garden. Our class was fun, authentic, practical and we made amazing food without the requisite bevvy of kitchen gadgets we think necessary here in America. Really, you do need to feel the pasta dough and the tactile experience is part of the fun. I highly recommend Let's Cook Umbria. In addition, the referrals for drivers and restaurants were fantastic as well and enriched the non-touristic aspects of our time in Umbria.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My daughter, daughter-in-law, and I took the one day cooking class. We loved watching and helping. Eggplant appetizer: we will definitely make at home. Gnocchi:I loved it especially the easy fresh tomato sauce. The pork loin was delicious, but not so special. The crostata was also delicious and I hope to make that, too. We enjoyed eating the food with the two ladies who took the class with us, too. Then we had a tour of ceramic making in Deruta and a winery in the countryside. A beautiful day.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a very enjoyable day as my family of 12 helped in the cooking of a four course dinner with the assistance of Raffaella. She is wonderful and we learned so much ! Raffaella showed us how to make a special dessert ravioli and made it look so easy ! We can't thank her enough for such a great day !

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I wished for a cooking class in Italy as a birthday present to myself, and Raffaella and Stephania made that dream come true. I am considered a very good cook, and enjoy new challenges. The class, learning to cook an authentic Umbrian four course meal, completely met my wishes. Stephania explained what we were doing, and why, very clearly so that I have been able to reproduce the recipes at home. The farm, the location, the warm hospitality, the lovely apartment (their home made wine!!) were wonderful.
Can't wait to go back!