1,352 results
All reviews etruscan ruins glass bottom queen mother upgraded to a suite grand hotel old town underground swimming old world charm the general manager elegant hotel umbrian valley star hotel buffet breakfast swimming pool old style perfect location spectacular views
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Sina Brufani is in a very good location with nice vistas. The rooms are quite adequate with decent amenities. The breakfast buffet was alright, but not the best. Staff was friendly. Outdoor lounge very relaxing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank abarasol
StefanoChiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guests,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Sina Brufani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I booked a Junior Suite on Expedia thinking I would get some kind of a view into the valley or the charming terracotta rooftops of the old city, but I got neither after being shown the room. It was a bit disappointing, but the room was huge with a very large bathroom and separate sitting area. We voiced our concerns and the hotel took action the next day and assigned us a room with a much better view into the Umbrian Valley at the expense of the bathroom size. The room is very nice aside from the rather small bathroom.

We later found that our room had actually been upgraded from Junior Suite to a full Suite, but sadly the suites with views were on the side of the hotel that had AC issues, so they did not want to put us on that side. They gave us a view room after the AC issues were sorted out. I applaud the hotel staff and the management for this awesome upgrade and their swift action!

The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It is right in front of the escalator that takes you to the bus station and on the way down, we got to marvel at the ancient Etruscan structures built a long long time ago. The mini-metro is also just a short stroll away and the weekend markets are basically right outside the hotel.

The breakfast is a little basic, but it serves our needs just fine. We did not find any issues with our cappuccino like some reviewers had pointed out. It wasn't the best we have had but it is no where near as bad as some reviews made it out to be. All in all, we are quite happy with the hotel and will most likely use this as our home base for future Umbrian trips.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SleepySea
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Perugia and for the time spent for your kind review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and please, consider us at your total disposal if you wish to come back to Perugia for, as you said, using our hotel as your home base for future Umbrian trips.
We look forward to welcoming you again and wish you a lovely summer.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Nice old hotel in a perfection location to explor Perugia. Rooms are nice but A/C did not cool our room nighttime only daytime. B-F is not what you should expect from a 5 star L
(L=Lusso/Luxory) Hotel. The Espresso I had was the worst I had in my Life and this is Italy where they are proud of serving good Coffee, but not here! Parking was easy the porter took our car and parked it for us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
StefanoChiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for your kind feedback.
I apologize for the problem we had with air conditioning. It worked, but it was not so cool as you wished. We had a temporary problem, that it is now fixed.
I am very very sorry for your comments regarding our "espresso" coffee and very surprised. I guarantee you that we have regular local clients, who come to our bar because they love our espresso coffee and this is the first time we have received a negative feedback.

I thank you for the preference given our hotel for your stay in Perugia and remain with my,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at Brufani Palace our 4th stay in as many years.
The location at the top of Corso Vanucci is so centrally located that walking around the historic centre is very easy.
We enjoy the old world charm of the building and the elegance of the furnishings particularly in the rooms.
The staff are all very attentive always helpful and equally charming.They go out of their way to assist with inquires.
The breakfast menu is extensive and a good way to start the day.
The Collins restaurant provides fine dining with superb service lead by Antonio and his team. The food is excellent.
We have never been disappointed with the service level on any of our stays and plan to enjoy this hotel again when next we visit Perugia.It is a beautiful city and this hotel provides a level of comfort and service that we have found outstanding.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

first of all, me and all my staff would like to thank you so very much for being our regular Guest for many years.
It has always been a real pleasure to welcome and serve you during these years and we are so happy to see that you have always enjoyed our hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming back you next year and in the meantime we send you our best wishes and thanks.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We stayed at the Hotel Brufani two nights. It is an extraordinarily beautiful location with a remarkable pool and exercise room in the basement.

Having said that, We arrived in late April. The weather was very warm ad we tried to turn on the air conditioning. Thinking it was broken we went to the front desk and were told is was because it was still spring, the air conditioning was not turned on. The receptionist snarkily suggested we try opening the window. Even with the window open the room was 80 degrees plus.

The hotel staff did assist us with dealing with a car rental issue, but did little to help us navigate the city or to make us feel welcome. The dining facilities were expensive and often empty.

Sina Brufani is a charming hotel that could benefit from a little customer service training.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan Berry,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Sina Brufani Palace.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
I confirm that we usually turn the air conditioning on in May and it depends on the weather and temperature. I guarantee you that in April and May the weather and temperature change daily and most of our Guest usually prefer warm temperature in the room.

Thanking you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to serving you in the future.