Hotel Gio' Wine e Jazz Area
  • Room Service
Hotel Eden(Perugia)
Hotel Fortuna(Perugia)
1,414 results
All reviewsmassage chairrooftop poolmini metrola nuitold cityshower curtainbasement levelgood sizespent one night herevery comfortable staymin walkhotel is modernshuttle busvisiting perugiasuperior roombreakfast roomwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We spent 1 night here in April '12 in order to vist the sites of Perugia.

What we didn't realise is that this is almost 2 hotels - the Wine and the Jazz in different buildings connected by underground corridor.... We stayed in the Wine.

Reception were very helpfull, spoke brilliant English and the whole booking in experience was pleasant. The room was large, comfortable and decked out in a very tastefull"wine" theme - in fact the whole of this part of the Hotel is - a very in interesting (in a good way) decor.

Breakfast was very good - usual Itallian breakfast fayre ~ Cheeses, Hams, Serials, tarts, bread and the like. Large dining room, good service and plenty of choice.

Its a 20 min walk into the middle of the City - all uphill so not a quick saunter but certainly a possibiliy (But possibly not more than once.....). There is lots of car parking space at both the wine and the jazz.

The only 2 slight drawbacks...... we bought a bottle of local wine in town, brought it back but it was corked SO we asked for a corkscrew......in hotel "wine".... but they didn't have one ! More an ammusement than a real pain. However the internet is free but only with a ticketted code system. When the time elapsed by the next morning reception won't give the new code over the phone.... bit of an embuggerance trasing downstairs for a bit of paper.

But overall a very comfortable, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Having read some less than enthusiastic reports about this hotel, I made my booking here with some trepidation. Contrary to expectations, the hotel was easy to find and adequately sign-posted. Sure it's on a hill, but what a pleasant stroll down or back, with so many interesting shops and builings along the way. And it's quirky layout adds to the charm, My room was comfortable by any standards, the bed firm, linen crisp and fresh, the staff pleasant. Bathrooms were comfortable and well appointed. Having forgotten to pack shampoo, I was forced to use (oh horrors) a hotel shampoo, and found it to be of great quality. At check-in, the male front office staffer was Italian charm personified, and a second reception taffer, a young lady this time, was professional, friendly and extremely informed about the city and the environs. I certainly wasnt aware of any intrusive traffic noises. Admittedly I was here on business, but even the conferencing facilities were top-notch, with bery attentive banquetting staff on stand-by. However, I've extended to do justice to the surroundings. I certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting to explore Umbria. It's a nice comfortable central base, and a very pleasant hotel to come home to after a day of exploring Umbria!

Room Tip: I stayed in the newer section, the Jazz section, and rate it very highly. The older section, the wine section is themed around wine production, and although I saw the rooms in that part, which looked charming, I cant advse from perdonal experience.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mokum1011
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here off-season, and enjoyed a sumptuous buffet breakfast (by European standards), and a nice room with small dining area and jetted bathtub. It is located about 1 mile up the hill from the train station, a healthy walk, but convenient to the bus lines, groceries and a nice neighboring cafe. The off-season rates were key to the great value we found. During or near the Jazz Festival in July, this hotel is buzzing and the rates are very high. However, it is close to Assisi, and located in the lower town. Makes for a nice 2-3 day sojourn.

Room Tip: Visit during late fall or early spring.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2011

- Very Noisy place, near high trafficked Roads.
- No good service : nobody tells you until when breakfast is served, don't be surprised if this is closed when you arrive.
- Beware what you're sold (swimming pool, wine service...) is not available all year. Hence High probability it will not be when you're here.
Bottom line : big fail if you have planned a romantic week end

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soapy92
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed in the Gio for one night, and it was a bit longer than necessary.

I got a great rate because of a special that they had, so considering that, we had a fantastic value. If we had had to pay more, I would be quite upset.

In the first place, the hotel is NOT well marked, and finding it was not easy. Second, the staff is either very good or very bad depending on who is on duty when you go to the desk. I should mention we were in the Jazz area, but I had to deal with staff in both Wine and Jazz sections.

The lobbies of both sections are beautiful. I wish the rooms were 1/2 as nice. Others say the rooms are great. Of all the hotels we stayed in in Italy, the Gio had probably the worst rooms of all. We had a problem with the lights and had to change in the middle of the night, and the second room was worse than the first. The beds were worn (as were the sheets), and they were not comfortable. Ugh.

There are no shoppes or restaurants close to the hotel (except for their own), so if you want choice, you have to go out. We walked to the historic center, a 25-minute uphill walk. The good news is that it's downhill coming back.

I'm going to say I'd recommend it, but with the caveat that you'd have to consider location and the worn-out rooms with the price you pay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple