My wife and I stayed at the castle a few ago the same day we arrived in Italy. We were a litle tired from the flight but this place was perfect. Nice pool, beautiful grounds and two restaurants, one of which is a Michelin rated restaurant. We ate at the Grandola, the lesser of the two and were very satisfied with the food, service and price. Breakfast there was great the next morning.
We had a real nice room. Plenty big enough with wood beams and comfortable bed. Decent view of valley but I would have paid more for a better view. I think that many rooms offered a better view of Perusia, but really, how long do you stare out the window from your bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia, Italy - Umbria