We booked this lovely hotel for 2 nights. Flight delayed for more than a day. Response to our email notification was really fast and the hotel was so kind to extend our booking for the next two days keeping the same rate. Gave us ease of mind and save the cost of forfeiting the first night. The staff are terrific, very kind and helpful. We arrived at around 3pm. They still offered us late lunch at the terrace. The food was simple but excellently prepared, a real joy after a long drive from the airport. Although arriving late, we still managed to drive to Perugia and spent a lovely evening there. It is about some 15 minutes drive and walking round town is relaxing. Plenty of lovely restaurants there for dinner.
The hotel is located mid way up the hill, can see Perugia from afar. Setting is very quiet, full of greens around. All rooms are different. Our room is a bit small but enough. Has a big window opened to the courtyard. Room is clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast is good with bread freshly made. With a cup of hot coffee or tea, a lovely start for the day indeed. We had dinner at the hotel for the second evening at the traditional restaurant. Very good food and portion very large, too full to finish all the courses for the set dinner, what a regret. Due to our delay, our reservation at their michelin star restaurant II Postale had to be cancelled and too bad it was fully booked during our stay. Do make a prior reservation if you wish to try.
This is a very nice place to stay to explore Umbria with a car. Definitely will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia, Italy - Umbria