It started when my fiance and I realized we could get married in an Italian castle. We searched for castles online and emailed many. The quickest and most informative response was from Francesco at Castello di Monterone. Through a series of emails over a couple of months, he and his team explained the location, wedding options on property, dinner menus complete with a "design your own meal" option, and put us in touch with Monica at Charming Weddings. Monica helped us find our photographer, Matteo and arranged a lovely late afternoon wedding for us on top of the highest castle tower. We can't thank her enough - she even made me a bouquet from roses on the castle grounds!
When we arrived we were taken aback by the beauty and stunning landscape. Every detail was perfect and we were certain we'd made the right choice. We checked in with ease, were shown to our suite and given time to look around the castle. We found the rose garden, pool, wishing well and more amazing scenery than we could have imagined.
This 13th century castle has a rustic feel that transports you back in time but comes complete with air conditioning and internet access so you never feel put out or out of touch. The food we enjoyed at the terrace restaurant was delicious and the staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel like VIPs. Our server even offered to deliver dessert to our suite which was a lovely idea that we took advantage of.
We wandered the grounds at night and again in the morning. The spectacular views from our suite gave us the chance to look out at the city up on the hill and take in the farm lands and vineyards surrounding the castle. When you're there you feel that nothing is off limits, all areas are open to you.
We can not recommend this hotel highly enough. We struggled with other hotels in Italy but at Castello di Monterone, everything was easy, fun and absolutely perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia, Italy - Umbria