The charming Castello de Monterone lived up to our expectations - gorgeous location, superb views, beautiful rooms with every convenience...but what really made the difference was the helpful and courteous staff who went out of their way to make our visit unforgettable.
During our stay, we parked our rental car in a serviced car park on the perimeter of the historic centre of Perugia. Upon returning to the hotel that evening, we were horrified to notice a thin strip of yellow paint along the side of the car (we had left the keys with the car park staff). As we had a substantial excess to pay on any damage, we were not happy. We mentioned our dilemma to the reception staff who immediately spoke to their maintenance team. We were assured the problem would be fixed before we left in the morning. Sure enough, by 9.30 am the paint marks were removed and all signs of damage had disappeared! It was done without a word. That's what I call going the extra mile!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia, Italy - Umbria