We enjoyed our stay, what a fabulous setting! Our room had a marvellous view. Our dinners at Il Postale were exemplary - thank you Chef. We thank you.
Weird was the horrible plastic beakers in our room - the lowest possible squashy quality. What the hell? We asked for glasses for water, which were then removed. This plastic rubbish, and apparent insistence on plastic, could not be more at odds with the quality of the hotel. So - constructive criticism - respect your guests! YOU wouldn't want to attempt to drink from picnic ware.
Also, no service at all after 11.30. A bit early we thought and inconsistent day to day.
If the weird plastic cups are some sort of economy measure, please stop washing all the towels every day, entirely unnecessary and unusual in our experience of hotel sustainability, please provide glassware for your guests.
We did have a lovely time, you couldn't help those sleep deprived children whose mother preferred her tablet. We suggest a bit more research into the quality norms, e.g. hair conditioner - always the mark of a good hotel.
Sorry, this sounds negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia, Italy - Umbria