“Business Lunch”

Price range: US$33 - US$46
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Country pub serving real ales and fine wines. Home cooked Food. Families and dogs welcome.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Perfect location for a Tuesday afternoon business lunch, amazing food and perfect service. Clear the afternoon as the wine list is extensive!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend - heard great things and very much expected it.

Service was great, so cannot fault that. But little things irritated me during the meal; our table was wobbly and my chair was very uncomfortable.

The food was nice, but not excellent - as was the wine.

Overall, an average evening, which is a bit of a shame. I shall return to see if it was just an unfortunate evening and hope that my initial expectation is met.

3  Thank BLA1993
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were recommended by a friend to try this restaurant and I have to say we were not disappointed. It's a shame that we are some way from it because if it was local we would be there every weekend!! The food was stunning and the atmosphere beautiful and relaxing. The owners and staff were fabulous and we were helped through the menu explaining different dishes to us. We started with a couple of tapas followed by a smoked haddock rarebit and a spring truffle risotto, the flavours were out of this world. The desserts were to die for too!! Can't wait to go back there again. We had to stay in a pub about three miles away but we understand that the owners are looking to add some bedrooms enabling guests to stay there as well. This would be an ideal solution and we would have no hesitation in staying there.

1  Thank Jendy S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As ever a really good lunch. Always like the tapas on offer and a refreshingly interesting wine list that is fairly priced. After the tapas we had a sort of scallop tart which was delicious but my mussel and cockles were nicely cooked but just lacked that lovely flavoursome broth you get after you've cooked them. Still easily the best food around the local area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place has amazing food, probably the best around Basingstoke and probably Hampshire, hence the rating. However, I don't understand why you have to come and ask no less than 8 times in the space of one hour how's the food and if everything is fine. If there is something wrong we'd let you know.
This is a US-imported, customer service-oriented approach that, honestly, has gone too far, to the point I don't go back to places for this very reason.