I've stayed here on several occasions at Thanksgiving, but the most recent stay was a 1 week summer holiday. I needed a place of total relaxation, down-time, and quiet. This property and resort met all these needs. The cottages are well spread out across the property making it seem like very few people were here. Stayed in the BoatHouse #1 - wow, a balcony looking out over Lake of Bays with the waterfront literally steps away. Awoke in the mornings to the sunrise shimmering across the bay. Plenty of kayaks, canoes free for use. Played pool in the 'barn' in the evenings. The lodge provides great meals for breakfast and dinner. The BoatHouse is a lovely 2 bedroom (one queen; and one room with 2 twins); a small bar fridge; two burner stove, and dishes. Lovely little living room with wing back chairs and sofa, overlooking a beautiful deck right on the water. Great place for young families with small children who can be easily watched at the beach; and equally great for couples looking for solitude and a break from the rat race. Cottage was clean, beds comfortable and cozy for sleeping, awoke to the sounds of loons. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Meal plan was mandatory for the Boat House, but we had plenty of room for cheese, wine, meats and sandwich material in the mini fridge. Evenings, there were two locations for campfires with cords of wood stacked up for use. Fishing off the dock in the evenings for the kids who caught small bass. Enjoyed taking the canoe around the bay and just floated listening to the sounds of 'nothing' - no traffic, no voices, only the wind and sounds of water and occasional bird. This was my total relaxation holiday....read books, swam in the crystal clear water (a bit chilly) but refreshing. Morning breakfasts are buffet - all you can eat; and dinner included ($60pp/day) from a menu. Have also stayed at this lodge in the Fall at Thanksgiving in the Sandpiper, the Crow's Nest and the Hummingbird. Thanksgiving weather can be iffy - one year hot, the next rain and some snow. But the units all had fireplaces and the ride into Algonquin is only about 20 minutes or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1890, Port Cunnington Lodge and Resort has been welcoming guests for over a century. Enjoy the scenic surroundings, fine country dining and all the activities Muskoka has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Port Cunnington Lodge & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Cunnington Hotel Lake Of Bays
- Port Cunnington Lodge And Resort