“Clean, quiet, good location.”

and 1 more site!
Aparthotel Adagio Basel City
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Basel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights with 2 kids, 3 and 7 years old. Our apartment was on the 5th floor, suitably laid out for a family. It had a balcony which we had most of our meals on. The kitchen was fully fitted with everything useful. We cooked most nights. The bedroom was quiet and had its own TV. The kids slept there. The sofa bed folded out and slept 2 adults very comfortably. We did not pay the cleaning fee, we just swapped towels etc as we needed. My sister had the garden apartment on the 1st floor. It also had everything and was suitably sized. Ask how to use the AC as this was a mystery. The location is in walking distance (1-2 mins) from tram and 10 mins to the old city. Ideally located to everything. The hotel is clean and well maintained, very modern. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay with family or friends.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the 1st or the 5th floor. You will get a garden or a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank naturalcookie

Reviewed 20 July 2013

It was first time that I stayed at Adagio hotel and overall I was very satisfied! Location wise it was close to city center, easy to access, room was spacious and clean. It was very good choice and I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was on a business trip to Basel for six days and stayed Adagio the whole time. The location of the hotel was central, easily accessible to trams and there were restaurants and shops within walking distance. However, the price was a little bit too much to pay especially when no cleaning is included. Otherwise, the place was okay, furnitures were modern, and quiet. The service was okay, the receptionist was rather helpful and tend to our request for the car park and gave us directions to get around.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Let me first mention that the location is very good if you wish a central hotel. No view or garden, but well placed in the very middle of Basel. The room was not really an apartment, it was a normal hotel room (comfortable sofa bed, one chair, desk/chair) with a kitchenette.
For this - as a double room - they charged us 471 CHF (332 Euro) per night (!) without any breakfast. But ok, we accepted the price when we booked.
We arrived on a Sunday and spent all of Monday out of the hotel. In the evening, we discovered that no-one had been in the room; no cleaning, no fresh towels, no nothing. We went downstairs and complained, and the receptionist shrugged and told us that "well, most of the guests arrive today, so I guess they didn't do any cleaning today... they will probably come tomorrow" (yes! true story!!) In the end they delivered towels to the room, but honestly: We pay 332 Euro pr night and they can't be bothered to clean until there are more guests in the hotel?!?
Finally, the room was very hot at night. We turned the dial all the way down but it made no difference. I assume the aircondition was turned off, so we just got the fan going. So we didn't sleep very well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingebjorg
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a great little apartment to stay in. There was great garage parking and a fabulous washing room which was much appreciated after quite some time on the road. The kitchen area was fully equipped and was very manageable. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the river and the old town. The reception staff were very helpful and we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KCrC2011
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I appreciated the hotel itself, but I was disappointed that I could not be reimbursed of the last night (16th of May) I had to cancel because of my customer. I tried to call the front desk at 9:00 p.m. but there was no answer and the next day I was told it was too late. I had had a very short notice from my customer, I could not do better.

I think that for such a hotel, intended for business people, there should be more flexility, especially as I paid for the highest price to be able to cancel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Barouder
Reviewed 5 May 2013

What i really like about this hotel is the kitchen. fully equipped with all you need for food preparation. the bad transferable to sofa scarred me at first because usually it is very uncomfortable, but here no problem at all. very good parking spaces for really great price for Basel. the city centre is so close and the shopping on clara street is just behind the corner with many tram lines. would recommend and myself staying there again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business