“Great food, iffy service”
Review of Malai Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Malai Thai Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Went here with a colleague whilst in Basel for work. It was a Wednesday evening and to be fair the place was very quiet. I ordered a soup and main - both were very tasty but I'm fairly sure that the main should have included tofu which it didn't. After finishing we were going to have a last drink before getting the bill... but basically we were told no you need to go now we are closed. So not great service. I may go again because its convenient for where I am located when in Basel and has plenty of vegetarian options but it will not be first on the radar.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

One of my favorite places for lunch! Excellent thai food, friendly service and fair price! Try the red curry and have a thai ice tea! It can be quite packed, so you might need a reservation.

1  Thank fjeril
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Went on a Saturday night, the place was a little deserted even at 8pm, only 4 tables filled.

Its a shame, because the food is well cooked, fresh and balanced. The beef penang curry was especially good, as were the satay starters. Definitely worth visiting, in a city which lacks good South East Asian food, it would be a shame if this place disappeared

Only down side....the most confusing menu I ever encountered....non-sequential numbers, random photos, unclear sections

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We were well looked after at this lovely restaurant. Good food, great service.
I will be definately visiting again before the end of my stay in Basel.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

If you enjoy Thai food you will not be disappointed. One block from the Ramada Plaza Basel.