“Nice spicy & fresh food”

Chanthaburi Restaurant Sairung
Ranked #76 of 722 Restaurants in Basel
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went there with my wife and we had the 4 course surprise menu. We liked everything and the variations and tastes were really, really nice. The only thing we weren't so keen on was the desert, which was some kind of watery ice cream. The restaurant inside is cute, with lots of red bits and a nice little outside area for the warmer days (it was raining when I was there unfortunately). The athmosphere is casual and it's good for couples as well as for friends and families. There is also a larger room out back to accomodate larger groups. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Andejande

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a meal on Thursday evening. Nice informal atmosphere. The part of restaurant that we were sitting was full. We choose squids and king prawns. Both were lovely. Service is polite and professional.

2  Thank Daria M
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We go there a lot over lunch. And there's a reason for that. The place is great - good food, lovely staff, nice outdoor-seating. Prices are not too cheap but you get a good bite!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been here several times over a period of three years and the food is authentic.

This restaurant is not in a trendy part of town and from the outside, it might keep one from eating here. But especially in summer, when the back garden is open, this is a really nice place to eat.

Service might not be the best or fastest, but the food more than just compensates.

1  Thank Alanisette
Reviewed 15 April 2013

As a found traveler to Asia and Thailand in particular, I have visited this restaurant a few times when I used to work nearby. The service could be lengthy, but their dishes as usually appreciated. My only concern is their inaptitude to accomodate the food to different grades of spiciness, so be careful, even when they promise you they will prepare the food to your liking. Because of allergies, I had to send back my order on a few occasions as they had neglected to accomodate the dish when they prepared it for me. If you like spicy food and don't suffer from any allergies you should be ok!