“The highs and lows of keeping animals in zoos”
Review of Zoo Basel

Zoo Basel
Book In Advance
More Info
US$68.61*
and up
Basel Zoo Entrance Ticket with Hotel Pick and...
Ranked #12 of 124 things to do in Basel
Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is a great day out for all the family and for the most part I enjoyed this. I particularly loved the aquarium which really provided a great selection of easily seen marine life. There are the 'standard' zoo animals here such as giraffes and lions but also a few animals I have not seen before such as Indian Rhinos and Sable antelope. However the low point was the kangeroos which seemed skinny and cramped into a small space.
The zoo is half price if you present the Basel card provided when you stay in a Basel hotel so it is quite affordable (10CHF for adult August 2018).
Well worth a visit, I would go again if staying in Basel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"elephants"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I was visiting Switzerland and one day I was free for doing nothing. I went to the zoo on my own and it was really worthy.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great location, only walking distant from the train station. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the zoo I wasnt expecting a Zoo with such a selection of animals in the middle of Basel City centre. Me and my husband with our toddler decided to go on a Sunday with friends and their children. It was recommended that we would need at least 3.5 hours, but we managed to spend 5 hours there. The monkeys were great entertainment, and was surprised to see Giraffes and elephants. There is a huge restaurant, so we managed to have lunch with the kids. All in all was a great visit and would recommend with children.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

we enter the line to pay for the entrance and so the list: adults, seniors, children and family
and under family it was written parents who live in the same adress
so i asked for a family ticket.
the senior lady at the cashier ask me where is my wife.
i told her we are 2 dads and 2 children.
she told me that family is only man and a woman.
i argued with her and then she gave me our family ticket not before she mentioned that its not right
shame on you lady