“Disappointing ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$68.92*
and up
Basel Zoo Entrance Ticket with Hotel Pick and...
Ranked #12 of 123 things to do in Basel
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to visiting Basel zoo whilst on a trip from the UK. Unfortunately the zoo was nowhere near as good as we were expecting based on other reviews we had seen. This was the 3rd zoo I had visited in the past 3 weeks but was, by far, the most inferior. I personally was particularly disappointed by all the monkey/ape enclosures which were very small. I would not recommend.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank chrisb24
Write a ReviewReviews (1,713)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"habitat"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The Basel Zoo is located a short bus ride from old town. There are 2 entrances. Make sure to get a map as it can be quite confusing if you are there for the first time. Good variety of animals; count on 2-3 hours at a leisurely pace to see it all.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We caught the tram to the zoo- easy to get to. Paid 50% of the entrance price using the Basel card (given to us free from the hotel) and spent 2 hrs enjoying ourselves- nicely set out with a number great animals( crocodiles, giraffes,snakes, hippos, penguins- even rats!!)

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is a great day out for all the family and for the most part I enjoyed this. I particularly loved the aquarium which really provided a great selection of easily seen marine life. There are the 'standard' zoo animals here such as giraffes and lions but also a few animals I have not seen before such as Indian Rhinos and Sable antelope. However the low point was the kangeroos which seemed skinny and cramped into a small space.
The zoo is half price if you present the Basel card provided when you stay in a Basel hotel so it is quite affordable (10CHF for adult August 2018).
Well worth a visit, I would go again if staying in Basel.